Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: custom footer  (Read 3498 times)

durangod

• Coppermine novice
custom footer
« on: May 24, 2011, 02:07:00 am »

Hi i am having an issue with showing my custom footer. 

the file is located both in  root/copperminegal/custom_footer.php   and also in root/copperminegal/themes/fruity/custom_footer.php   i put it in both places while testing this, i will remove one of them.

in config i tried ..//custom_footer.php, custom_footer.php, ./custom_footer.php, and even http://www.myroot/copperminegal/custom_footer.php

it is just not showing up at all. 

am i missing something here?  lol thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: custom footer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 11:46:45 am »

Please read the docs instead of guessing: http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/configuration.htm#admin_theme_custom_header_path_start

Please post a link to your gallery if you need further assistance.

durangod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 04:05:55 pm »

i read the documentation which is why i came here when it didnt work, i only tried the dif versions of the file location because i wanted to try everything i could before posting here so i could give you the scroop.   Anyway nevermind, i just modified the core file to unclude my footer.  Thanks.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 09:08:21 am »

Editing core files is not recommended. Anyway:
Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the little image in your initial posting on your thread.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:29:24 pm by Αndré »

durangod

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:23:10 pm »

I fully understand that, but i read the docs, maybe i missed something i dont know, but i ask for help and all i got was read the docs. So i did what i had to do, and modified the core file.   I will read them again for the third time to see if i missed something, but if it does not work then ill go back to my original plan and leave the core modified since I obviously dont care to go round and round about this and get nowhere fast. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 04:32:47 pm »

i ask for help and all i got was read the docs
That's not true:
Please post a link to your gallery if you need further assistance.

It seems that you just read the first line of my replies, as you also haven't resolved your thread according to the board rules.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.