Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making Last additions compile from all albums in gallery  (Read 3644 times)

billy

• Coppermine newbie
Making Last additions compile from all albums in gallery
« on: June 23, 2004, 03:24:28 pm »

Hi

I am fine tuning my gallery which uses CPG 1.3 stable released june 11th 04.

I have a single row of 'last additions' to the gallery on every page in the gallery.  This was running okay ie on the main page the last addtions photos were the last added to the whole gallery, and the last addtions in each category were the last addtions to that specific category.

However, it seems to have stopped working correctly since I added an album to the main index page which is placed so as to inform users that they can upload photos.  The result of this is that the last additions strip on the main index page only shows the last additions to the single album on the index page, and the last additions strips for the top categories ie 'Photos from the 2003/04 season' says that there is 'No image to display'.

my gallery is at www.ubbconline.co.uk/photos

Please could you help me as to which file to modify to counteract this from occuring.  I think it is the 'lastup' section of index.php, but I am not exactly a php star.

[off topic slightly]  BTW cheers for your advice for my last post gaugau (about repeated category & album names) the way I work around this is to name the album more specifically when batch uploading etc, and then change it back to the more simple (but repeated) form once i am finished modifying it.  This works okay, but I am still going to be cheeky and ask if there is any chance you can make the insert files drop down box more detailed as it would save me a world of confusion and extra hassle. [/off topic]

Cheers again

Billy

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Making Last additions compile from all albums in gallery
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:38:25 pm »

I don't know why this is happening, but your solution for putting info on the page is not the best.

You can use anycontent.php to put your welcome and instructions in.  Then just add anycontent to the 'contents of main page' in config.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 21 queries.