Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stopping one registered user from posting comments  (Read 4280 times)

zieg

• Coppermine newbie
Stopping one registered user from posting comments
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:07:17 am »

That's pretty much the gist of it, i don't want to stop all registered members from posting, just this one individual, banning him on the other part of the site (forum) the gallery is connected to does nothing, theres no option to ban anyone in the gallery so i guess the only way to stop him is to delete any comment he posts but is there a better way to stop it completely?

Thank you in advance.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Stopping one registered user from posting comments
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:13:36 am »

Put him in a user group that isn't allowed to post comments.

zieg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 04:35:01 pm »

Well when i click on groups in the gallery there is only guests, registered and admin, i don't see an add button to make a new group and even if there was i don't see an option to change users groups manuelly, on the actual site the user's account isn't even activated and the gallery sets guests to not post so i guess change him to guest on the site but would it affect the gallery?

Even banned users could upload and comment and i don't see any option to stop these members in the gallery since its kind of disconnected from the the main site so if i click on the users tab i'll send me to the memberlist on the forum, unless there is a banning plugin for the gallery im stuck. Im not the head admin, just the gallery admin, i stopped guests from even going in there like uploading etc until they register and sure it was strict but there was too many users uploading offensive stuff that there was really no other way but then the head admin unlocked it for them because we'll lose members if we did but i doubt you want to hear me rant.  ::)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »

You have to use post based groups while bridging Coppermine with your forum. In your forum you can decide which group(s) users belong to, Coppermine drops that functionality when bridged.

zieg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, 08:12:24 pm »

ok, sorry if im not replying, the head admin isthe one that installed it and only he can log into the bridge manager so im just waiting for him to do it, he takes time doing things U.U i have another problem but as the rules said i'll post it in a seperate thread.

zieg

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 06:45:42 pm »

ok the problem is solved, thank you for your help, the bridge was kind of half assed apparently so now its fully done.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »

Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the little image in your initial posting on your thread.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.