Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug - displays in foreign language at first load, then goes properly to English  (Read 13625 times)

tbchampions

• Coppermine newbie

http://www.theshedrow.com/gallery/

A friend of mine has the gallery above.  I visited her gallery today and all the links and photo descriptions, etc. were in German.  I wrote and asked her what was going on, and she said that she's had this problem but is just living with it, that she'd tried to get help here but was scolded so severely that she just left with her tail tucked between her legs.  When first visiting her site, the language is in German or Dutch, but after clicking on a photo, then English kicks in as it should.

So I've searched, and spent far too much time looking through posts and threads that aren't addressing her problem.  It's hard to even figure what the keywords would be to pull up the appropriate helpful posts.

Can someone help here to solve her problem?  I'm a little more tech savvy than she is so if you can help me figure what's wrong, I'll go help her fix it.

Thanks much!

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

Please don't use the term bug unless you can be absolutely certain and it has been cross tested and confirmed.

So I've searched, and spent far too much time looking through posts and threads.........
Try also searching the document package that is included with Coppermine.

This will help you and your friend....
Enable help-icon

This will help too...
Language & Charset settings

Finally: Login >> Config >>  Language & Charset settings >> (Manage languages)  

Moving topic to Languages
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 03:12:47 pm by Joe Carver »

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

The behavior is indeed not expected and I never recognized it anywhere before. Can you please post a screenshot of the language config and maybe from the language manager, too? Thanks.

damiende

• Coppermine newbie

This is also happening to my site also..

http://www.vossajobb.com/coppermine

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

This is also happening to my site also..
Unfortunately this doesn't help us much, without some further information like
a screenshot of the language config and maybe from the language manager, too

damiende

• Coppermine newbie

The language is set to be english. The language it shows is from Luxembourg. This is clearly a bug. It happened after i upgraded from 1,4 to 1,5. I have changed the various settings for language but no matter what things change back to Luxembourgish.

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

......Can you please post a screenshot of the language config and maybe from the language manager, too? Thanks.

damiende

• Coppermine newbie

As I said the settings are set to english. There is no need to show any screenshots........... Because there is nothing to be seen. How hard is that to understand..................................

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

damiende, please stay out of this thread if you don't want to help. Thanks.

A lot of galleries are set to English and they work as expected. Attached is a screenshot of my language settings (which works well), was that so hard?

damiende

• Coppermine newbie

And as I said mine is set to english. I haven't changed it since i upgraded it.  You can't help me now you claim.. But by seeing a picture that says my settings is set to english will change all that.

Its easy to see that the standard reply around here is. 5 even when people asks what 5 +5 is..

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

It's a pity that you're not able to follow the simple instruction to either post the requested screenshots or not to reply if you don't give further information. We already know that your gallery is set to English, so please don't repeat it once more! Thanks.

damiende

• Coppermine newbie

Well then the question is.. Why does it change to some sort of dutch language version?

damiende

• Coppermine newbie

I have now found out what the problem is. Since you are such a little baby. I shall give you one hint.. Something went wrong when godaddy and several other hosting companies got their new version of coppermine..

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page

I have now found out what the problem is.
No, with each and every post your inability to diagnose a problem and cooperate with those trying to assist you becomes more clear.

.... several other hosting companies got their new version of coppermine......
They, like you, should have downloaded the files from Sourceforge. If you had installed and upgraded Coppermine as the document package instructs, then perhaps the issue would have not occurred in the first place. Automatic installations and upgrades are not supported for a good reason.

...I shall give you one hint..
This is a technical support forum providing free support for free software by people who can exercise freedom of choice when choosing whom to support. In the recent past such useless statements and baiting would have had you quickly banned. In the future you will likely be ignored.

Oh, and...
.... several other hosting companies got their new version of coppermine......
That does not sound like a Coppermine issue, but a hosting issue. Best guess is that your tone isn't as smarmy with them.....

Locking Topic with hopes that the original poster has resolved the issue.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 20 queries.