Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registered Users Who Never Visit?  (Read 1807 times)

GlenVision

• Coppermine newbie
Registered Users Who Never Visit?
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:45:34 am »

I'm really not sure where to post this. The one category this would have fit into doesn't allow me to create a post there.

My Coppermine gallery has a user list that contains several registered users who have never visited my site (according to the statistics in the user list.) It accounts for roughly 20% of all my registered users. How much should I worry about this?

What are the most likely reasons that someone would go to the trouble of registering for my gallery, but never actually view it?

Is it likely to reflect a problem with some folks not properly receiving and/or processing their registration notifications?

I've never received any emails from any of these people,  complaining that they couldn't get into my gallery. I would think if they had trouble accessing the site, that at least some of them would complain to me.

Should I just delete registered users who never visit the site? I'm suspicious that some of them might be spammers or hackers. It just doesn't seem normal to register for a site and then never visit it.

I'm just looking for some advice on the best way to administer a site with Coppermine installed. I know this probably isn't a normal support posting, but I can't find a better place to ask this question.

For the record, I'm currently using Coppermine 1.5, but this has also been happening with previous versions of Coppermine as well. If you want to check out the site, here is the address:   www.glenvision.com/gallery/

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Registered Users Who Never Visit?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 08:36:08 pm »

That are probably spam bots or persons who mistyped their email address or haven't got the activation mail.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.