Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermediate views  (Read 2770 times)

PortOfKarlsborg

• Coppermine newbie
Intermediate views
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:30:22 pm »

I am using Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.5.12 (stable) and have a question regarding the intermediate views. In my gallery the intermediate size is set to 800 pixels and full size to 1024. If I look at the photos with FF it is perfect, I can see the navigation buttons and the file description but with IE8 after a couple of views the page is “scrolled up” starting with the menu and not showing the whole picture. I have read in the documentation under “Known Issues” Browser bug: IE displays 100%-width values incorrectly. I don’t know if my problem is because of this bug or some faulty settings in my gallery but I would really appreciate help to fix this.
Many of the viewers are using corporate PC’s and are stuck to IE due to corporate IT-policies

My gallery is here:

http://www.karlsborgshamn.se/Coppermine2/index.php

The first image is FF and the second one IE8

Joe Carver

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka 'i-imagine'
    • Home Page
Re: Intermediate views
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 12:48:57 am »

You are seeing "normal" IE behavior. Try it on some of the demo themes and you will see the same thing.
IE does not always respect/reflect the location of page anchors.

I made a plugin that turns of the the #top_display_media anchor for IE visitors it is here:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,64197.0.html

Or you could change your theme so that the size / locations are fixed and near the top as I have tried with the links you can see below.

Good Luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.