Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I edit the template?  (Read 3170 times)

New2Coppermine

• Coppermine newbie
How do I edit the template?
« on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:25 am »

Hi

I'm new to Coppermine. My gallery is hosted (while the rest of my site is run by Blogger), so they require that I implement an advert code. However, since I am new to this, I do not know where to start. I searched the boards, and much of it is unclear and/or unresolved. The most helpful information that I came across was that anycontent.php would put the code on the main page, and template.html would put it on all of the pages (who knows if that's even right!).

I would like a 725x90 ad code along the top of my gallery (just below my gallery name and all of the uploading links etc.). I have been given the ad code by my host, but have no idea where to put it. How do I edit the template/any of the sections.

I have come to notice that some get frustrated with questions revolving adverts, but I am quite stuck at the moment and have been Googling for hours. I still have nothing too helpful to go off of.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!  :)

P.S. I KNOW that this can be done, as it is on hundreds of fan site galleries...but I just don't see how they managed to do it. It must not be too complicated.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: How do I edit the template?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 11:34:54 am »

I would like a 725x90 ad code along the top of my gallery (just below my gallery name and all of the uploading links etc.)
Open your theme's template.html file, find
Code: [Select]
{GAL_NAME} and add your code below that token.

New2Coppermine

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 05:10:22 pm »

Open your theme's template.html file, find
Code: [Select]
{GAL_NAME} and add your code below that token.

I know this is probably a crazy question...but where do I find the template.html file? I ask only because I don't know if it's on the newly installed Coppermine gallery itself (as one of the buttons such as upload etc.), or if it is where the gallery has been installed to.

Also, thank you for telling me where the ad code will eventually go, that helped a lot!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:15:02 pm »

where do I find the template.html file
In themes/<yourtheme>/template.html. That's a file on your server. You usually have to use an FTP client application to get access to that files (which you usually upload via FTP, too).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.