Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help wanted super duper newbie. ;D  (Read 4248 times)

lindqvistlars

• Coppermine newbie
help wanted super duper newbie. ;D
« on: June 22, 2004, 03:33:24 pm »

ok guys im a bit afraid to post this here cause you could probebly find the answers in the forum somewhere if u are good at searching... but ive been searching for ages and even if i find some answers its most of the time to complicated for me to understand.
well what i want to do is to simply ad a few links in the menu to some blank pages where i can put some info and links.... what i need is like a "news" page and a "links" page...
then i have one more problem when i log on and go to "properties" in my album list there is no "album can be viewed by" under permission..
i want to have like a few albums for my portfolio and then one were only registred users can view...

so if u puke on me now then just dont reply, or maybe u know some super newbie tutorial for this kind of stuff pls tell me...
sorry for posting all these stupid questions...
have a great day

marian

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • BYM Photo Gallery
I'm not going to be any help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 04:00:04 pm »

I'm a complete super dooper ignoramus. I cant seem to get anything to work as I want it - well not much.
My needs are very simple: I want a main Gallery, where registered users can post pix of this to do with boats and boating. I managed to achieve that and a couple of people have added their albums.
Then I want a seperate album for members of our Forum to post pix that they want to use in Forum posts. So I set up a Group called forum, created a category called Forum Gallery, created an album Forum Pix, within that category, then registered myself - with the user name and password - that I will give to all Forum members.
I then logged in as a forum user, but when I tried to upload a piccie, it said "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload pictures"
What have I done wrong?
Also, I'd like the Forum Gallery to be invisible to all but Froum members, how do I do that?
Like the previous poster, I've been looking for answers without success.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: help wanted super duper newbie. ;D
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 04:02:00 pm »

Welcome,

your first question, how to add links to your other pages.  You add them by opening your theme.php file, and adding the links there.  It will depend on the theme you are using, and where exatly you want the links to display, but the menus are at the top of theme.php.

To make any album private, you have to set 'users can have private albums' set to YES in config.  Then you will be able to set who can see the album in the properties page.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 04:19:39 pm »

claiming to be "not good at searching" is a very poor excuse imo. If you want help, you could at least use some common sense, e.g. only post one question per thread - this would make it much more likely to get a supporter to look into your problems. Another good point to start would be reading the FAQ (see link at the very top of this page) - there are detailed recomendations how to ask question to get an answer (from the top of my head, the most important one being "post a link!").

GauGau

lindqvistlars

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 04:51:19 pm »

ok sorry...
thank you casper ive now got that thing about permissions.... but then when i do open the theme.php in my dreamweaver... well i dont understand much of the code.... i still cant figure out where to modify to get more button links in the top menu...

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 06:40:12 am »

open with a texteditor (notepad.exe recommended), find
Code: [Select]
// HTML template for main menu
$template_main_menu = <<<EOT
                <span class="topmenu">
<!-- BEGIN album_list -->
                        <a href="{ALB_LIST_TGT}" title="{ALB_LIST_TITLE}">{ALB_LIST_LNK}</a> ::
and insert after it
Code: [Select]
                        <a href="your_link_target.xyz" title="your text that apperas when hovering over the link with the mouse">
                        Your link text
                        </a>
                        ::
Nothing fancy, just plain HTML.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.