Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critical error The password reminder email can't be sent!  (Read 8727 times)

Lapdog71

• Coppermine newbie
Critical error The password reminder email can't be sent!
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:30:20 am »

I'm running the latest Gallery, I tested it with an email address that was not registered and it came back saying the standard user does not exist this error only happens when the email is existing I tried using smtp and leaving the settings blank like there were when it was working, I checked all file versions and they all passed the 1st photo shows the error with smtp, the 2nd with the default blank email settings under config, I searched the forum found similar problem others were having but nothing like this

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Critical error The password reminder email can't be sent!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 04:42:24 pm »

Please repeat your question while using punctuation. Thanks.

Lapdog71

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Critical error The password reminder email can't be sent!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:05:18 pm »

Revised update explanation

The Gallery was working fine no errors at all.  2 days ago I tried logging in to 1 of my accounts I setup that is set as a standard user. When I click on "I forgot my password" link and type in the email address I recieve the error above (error2.jpg the 2nd image on my original post) which has the default email settings.  I then tried to setup the smtp option in the gallery (error.jpg the first image on my original post).  I contacted my host provider and they said nothing has changed, the location for sendmail is the same as it was when the gallery was sending emails, then I asked them about smtp options and they said they were also the same (I doubled checked with them that i had the proper smtp info) and that the gallery should be working. I then tried to see what would happen if I typed in an unknown email address to see If I would recieve the same error as a known email address, I did not I received the correct warning saying user does not exist.  This error only occurs when trying to use a registered email address.  I hope this cleared up some questions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 27 queries.