Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fatal error" after 1.3 upgrade  (Read 3360 times)

pskeggs

• Coppermine newbie
"Fatal error" after 1.3 upgrade
« on: June 21, 2004, 07:00:14 pm »

Hi,
After updating my album I get the following error message when trying to run the index.php:
"Fatal error : There was an error while processing a database query."

Debugging says:
"While executing query "SELECT extension, mime, content FROM coppermine_filetypes;" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'skeggs_pix.coppermine_filetypes' doesn't exist"

I have read through the discussions on this topic at http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=6781.0, but can't seem to find any solutions. I've run the update.php several times, ensuring I've updated the new files.

When running update.php the report says "already done" on all items, but when checking the actual MySQL database I can see that it hasn't created the coppermine_filtypes table.

Any suggestions on what's causing this?

Thanks,
Paal

cprice

• Coppermine newbie
Re: "Fatal error" after 1.3 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 01:29:15 am »

I had this exact same error and found that I had not completely copied all of the 1.3.0 files to my 1.2.1 directory.  I re-copied the files and then re-ran update.php.  This time the update worked.

What tipped me off was when I when into Config, it was still label 'Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.2.1'

Hope this helps,

Chris

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: "Fatal error" after 1.3 upgrade
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 08:31:58 am »

@pskeggs: make sure you have CREATE permissions on your mySQL database.

@cprice: if the config page still says cpg1.2.1, you haven't replaced all cpg1.2.1 files (at least, you haven't replaced include/init.inc.php). Make sure to replace the content of the include folder as well.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.