Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin/User mode & Log out problems  (Read 4644 times)

mjm

• Coppermine newbie
Admin/User mode & Log out problems
« on: June 21, 2004, 01:14:00 pm »

I have CPG 1.2.1. Whether I sign is as a registered user or an administrator, I have the following problems:

1. Cannot switch between User/Admin mode - stuck in admin mode
2. Cannot log out - I have even tried blocking all coockies, restarting browser and unblocking coockies, then I don't even have to sign in, all I have to do is click on a photo to view it and straight away I'm signed in.
I find this happens if i have been logged in for quite a while, if i try to log out after only say 10 minutes it works. Also whenever I can't log out, if i stay away from the site for many hours, when i go back I'm finally logged out. But I still can't switch between user/admin mode.

Also how do you add photos to your Favourites? Whether I am logged in or not there isn't a link anywhere to add a photo to your Favourites section.

The link to my CPG is www.paphos-tigers.com/album

I apologize if i have posted under the wrong category, I couldn't qute figure out which one i was supposed to post to, also quite a few say they are blocked. If i have posted in the wrong category and no one can help me, please direct me to the correct category/subcategory which I should post to.

P.S. I don't know whether mine is a standalone version or not, I installed it using Fantastico from my cPanel.

Thank you :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:27:16 pm by mjm »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Admin/User mode & Log out problems
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 01:33:35 pm »

OK,
first thing to do is go into config, and change the name of the cookie.  You should find when you click continue, you are now logged out.
Log back in, and see if you still have the problems.
If you are still having the problems, please give us a test user account and password (not admin)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 01:45:11 pm by GauGau »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mjm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 01:45:28 pm »

Ok, the current name of the coockie is "cpg11d"

What should i change it to?

Thanks

mjm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2004, 02:01:46 pm »

Ok i have changed it from cpg11d to cpg11a -  not that I kno what I'm doing, but anyway.

It worked, i was logged out and when i logged back in i could switch between user/admin mode and I could log out.
Is that coockie ok to use? Can i leave it like that and it will work correctly for everyone yeah?

Of course this was only after a few minutes of being signed in, so perhaps once I'm signed in longer it would have the same problem. If i notice that problem continues even with the new coockie settings should i then setup an account for you and notify you yeah? (under group "registered" or "administrators" ?)

The other problem is with "My Favourites". How does that work? Is there suposed to be a link somewhere to add a photo to your Favourites section? As i haven't found any such link.

This may be of some interest: Another flaw i noticed is within the "Serach" function. I search "img" for example and all file names with the word img in it show up, but no matter which photo i click on to view, it says Error no image to display. But since I have changed the name of the coockie this problem has been fixed. Just thought i'd mention it in case anyone else has the same problem.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2004, 02:24:51 pm »

It worked, i was logged out and when i logged back in i could switch between user/admin mode and I could log out.
Is that coockie ok to use? Can i leave it like that and it will work correctly for everyone yeah?

You can give the cookie any name you like, and yes, it should work for everyone.

Of course this was only after a few minutes of being signed in, so perhaps once I'm signed in longer it would have the same problem. If i notice that problem continues even with the new coockie settings should i then setup an account for you and notify you yeah? (under group "registered" or "administrators" ?)

If it happens again, a user, not admin account is what we need.

The other problem is with "My Favourites". How does that work? Is there suposed to be a link somewhere to add a photo to your Favourites section? As i haven't found any such link.

The add to my favourites link is in the pic info, under the main image.  If it's not shown by default, click on the 'i' icon above the pic.

This may be of some interest: Another flaw i noticed is within the "Serach" function. I search "img" for example and all file names with the word img in it show up, but no matter which photo i click on to view, it says Error no image to display. But since I have changed the name of the coockie this problem has been fixed. Just thought i'd mention it in case anyone else has the same problem.

This is also a cookie related problem.  It is normally down to your individual pc when it goes wrong.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

mjm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 02:37:48 pm »

Thanks for all the help !!  ;D

Great script, I love it!!

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 04:51:31 pm »

In future, rather than change the cookie name, which means all users lose their favourites etc, just delete your own cookies for the site. ;)

mjm

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 06:59:07 pm »

As i suspected there is still a problem with it. I can't switch between user/admin mode. I'm stuck in admin mode. But so far I can still sign out.
Do you mean to say that this problem is only on my computer? That it doesn't actually happen to any of the other users?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 07:05:40 pm »

Not neccesarily, just usually.

Please post a user account, with upload permissions, so we can see the user admin menu.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 08:09:13 am »

Imo it won't hurt that much if you're locked in admin mode, I wouldn't bother.
rant@devs: we should get rid of user mode entirely - this is causing more grief than what it's actually worth...

GauGau

murphyz

• Coppermine newbie
    • Farmyard Media
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 01:57:56 pm »

I also have the same problem. With the integration of the phpbb forum I am sometimes 'stuck' in admin mode when I go to the gallery. I am unable to change to usermode.
This only happens once I enter admin mode at the gallery and then try to leave. If I delete cookies it works fine until you enter admin mode.

The only annoying thing about this is that I see delete/properties/edit files boxes on the home page of the gallery and this distorts the tables (I have 3 columns of thumbnails).

Solution: Create a new user called 'admin' - give them admin rights. Change my murphyz name to a moderator and not admin.  Problem solved.  If I need to do anything of the admin side, I just log in as 'admin'. 

I do think you should keep the user and admin modes and have then interchangable. It's a minor problem that's involved with cookies and not the software, as far as I can see.

Mxx
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~ A Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 18 queries.