Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Search function not working in cpg1.5  (Read 3925 times)

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
Quick Search function not working in cpg1.5
« on: March 23, 2011, 09:23:32 am »

Hey Folks,

As per this thread I'm trying to upgrade from cpg 1.4.5 to cpg1.5.12 and make some edits, etc. In the older version of my site, I have a Quick Search function installed, and it worked great. However, in the upgraded version, which is currently at , the quick search yields no results. Here's the code I'm using:
Code: [Select]
<td align="right" valign="middle" class="tableh1">
<form method="get" action="http://www.skolaiimages.com/stock/thumbnails.php" name="searchcpg" style="margin:0px;padding:0px">

<input type="hidden" name="album" value="search" />

<input type="hidden" name="type" value="full" />

<input type="text" style="height:95%; border:2px #808080 outset; width: 140px" name="search" maxlength="255" value="" class="textinput" />

<input style="height:95%; width:95px; border:2px #0c0c0c0 inset; font:12px Verdana,Arial; color:#000000; background:#FFFFFF" type="submit" value="Quick Search" />

</form>

</td>

I've also installed the SEO plugin to tweak urls, but I don't think that should be an issue. I did have some database issues when I first upgraded to 1.5.12 (from 1.4.5) but they're resolved now. Everything else seems to function fine and the default cpg search function, which I've called Detailed Search, is working fine. I looked at search.php but I couldn't see what was so different there that would make my quick search not work.

I'd really appreciate it if someone knows how to resolve this asap. I don't want to turn the 1.5.12 version 'live' until I get this issues resolved.

Thank you so much.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Quick Search function not working in cpg1.5
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 10:03:48 am »

If I follow your link and enter 'test' to your quick search I'll be redirected to
http://www.skolaiimages.com/stock/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=test
which found 22 pictures. What exactly isn't working in your opinion?

OT: Please have a look how the BBCode tag 'url' works. None of your recently posted links works as-is, as they are totally messed up. You can post links as they are without the 'url' tag as well, the board software makes them clickable automatically.

Walkinman

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 10:32:54 am »

Hey André

I apologize for leaving off the closing brace on the link above. The other links I have posted all work fine for me.

The folder 'stock' is running the cpg 1.4.5 version. It works fine. The folder 'stock_1.5' is running the new version. Once I iron out a couple more bugs, I'll switch it over to be the correct folder.

http://www.skolaiimages.com/stock_1.5/thumbnails-89-_Cross_country_Skiing_Photos_.html

http://www.skolaiimages.com/stock/thumbnails.php?album=89]Old Version.

I see what's happening. When the new version is searching, it's searching the old folder /stock/

I've switched the folders over now so you can better see what's going on. See http://www.skolaiimages.com/stock/thumbnails-90-_Snowshoeing_photos_.html and search for the term 'bears', using 'Quick Search'. I get zero results.

Using the Detailed Search feature, it yields nearly 600 results.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 11:12:05 am »

Depending in which fields you want to search, add those parameters
<input type="hidden" name="title" value="on" />
<input type="hidden" name="caption" value="on" />
<input type="hidden" name="keywords" value="on" />
<input type="hidden" name="filename" value="on" />
to your quick search form.

Additionally you should either remove
<input type="hidden" name="type" value="full" />completely or add a valid value:
  • AND
  • OR

Walkinman

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 05:05:29 pm »

Hey André

You, sir, are a godsend. Thank you so much, yet again.

Cheers

Carl
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.