Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display album description under thumbs  (Read 4467 times)

Walkinman

• Coppermine frequent poster
    • Skolai Images - Nature, Travel and Adventure stock photos
Display album description under thumbs
« on: March 20, 2011, 10:07:27 pm »

Hey Folks,

Trying to tweak the code to conform my upgraded cpg-site to my older version.I am trying to move the album description under the thumbs, rather than in a column beside the thumbnails, but can't find how to do that. You can see in the older version how I want it to appear.

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.
Re: Display album description under thumbs
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:59:31 pm »

Did you upgrade the themes at the same time?  The old 1.4.x themes are not compatible with 1.5.x without modification.

The reason I ask is the default theme you are using seems to have the same problem.  http://skolaiimages.com/stock_1.5/index.php?theme=curve
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Walkinman

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:24 am »

Hey lurkalot

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to update the themes at the moment. What I want to do is to make the necessary edits in the new theme (water_drop) so that the site appears as it used to. I want to know what the modification is I need to make in order to have the new version run like the old one.

Thank you

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 10:38:22 am »

As far as I can see in your old are no album descriptions displayed at all in the link you posted?

Walkinman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »

Hey André

Yes, you're right. my mistake, sorry. The "Home" gallery on my older version doesn't show any album descriptions. The newer upgraded version shows them on the side of the thumbnail. I would like to display them under the thumbnail, or not at all. I have it displaying the description underneath in the category view, but not in the Home view, where all categories and albums are displayed.

I want this page to display album thumbnails and descriptions just like this page does.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Carl

Walkinman

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 10:28:59 pm »

Hey Folks,

OK, I've finally moved the 1.5.12 version of my cpg-galleries over to the "live" section of my site, and have, with much appreciated assistance from André, got most of it how I would like, but this page I cannot see how to edit. Hopefully moving everything over to the live section will make it easier to explain and illustrate what I'm talking about.

Main page

This is the 'home' page of the cpg section. I want the album descriptions to appear underneath the relevant thumbnails, not beside them as they currently appear. As I said in the post above, if I can't do that, I'd settle for removing the descriptions all together, but under is the preferred option. That's also how they appear in the section to view a given category.

Example.

I'm sure it's a simple mod, but I cannot find what I need to edit to make this work. I'd really appreciate it someone can offer some assistance.

Thank you.

Cheers

Carl

Walkinman

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »

Hey Folks,

So I've been trying to tweak this. The code that displays the thumbnail and description is in this file:

Code: [Select]
Section <<<$template_cat_list>>> - START

This is the relevant section:
Code: [Select]
<tr>
            <td class="tableb tableb_alternate" colspan="3">{CAT_ALBUMS}</td>
        </tr>

If I remove {CAT_ALBUMS}, it removes both the thumbnail and the description. If someone can point me to where that parameter (?) is configured/defined, that would help. All I want to do is move the description so it displays under the thumbnail, rather than beside the thumbnail. Surely this isn't impossible, no? If I can't move it under the thumbnail, I'd like to just delete it, which is how I had it working before I upgraded to the new version of cpg.

link

Some assistance would really be appreciated. This page of my site looks horrible right now, and I'd like to fix it asap.

Thanks so much.

Cheers

Carl

Walkinman

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 01:10:53 am »

Hey Folks,

Done.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 01:32:58 pm »

Resolve your threads
If you have found an answer to your question, resolve your thread. Don't just post "I have found the answer", but tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well.

Walkinman

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:17 pm »

Hey André

I don't know how it was fixed. If I did, I'd post the info and I'd mark the thread solved, as I have done with every other thread I've posted in that has been solved. I'll mark this thread solved, as requested, though that's hardly going to help anyone who does a search trying to find the information here. I paid someone to fix it for me.

If, in the future, I find out how it was fixed, I'll post that information here.

Cheers

Carl

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 09:59:36 am »

You could try find out the changes with a diff viewer. I suggest to do that asap, otherwise your gallery will become one of many galleries that lacks many versions behind, because the administrators have paid somebody to install/customize their gallery and they don't know how to update their galleries.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.