Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modify Albums settings - does not Work (HORROR SQL ?)  (Read 5526 times)

Laffer

• Coppermine newbie
Modify Albums settings - does not Work (HORROR SQL ?)
« on: June 21, 2004, 10:27:27 am »

I know it is PHPNuke Module, but nobody there can help!!!

My installation (30.000 Users, 30.000 Pics) crashes almost when trying to modify settings of Albums. If I look in mysql -> Processlist I get Millions of queries LOCKED because of something starting with:

| 290 | admin | localhost | comicfandb | Query | 76 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT aid, IF(username IS NOT NULL, CONCAT('(', username, ') ', title), CONCAT(' - ', title)) AS ti |

All other queries behind this one are locked, I think this one makes a query to cpg_pictures and nuke_users at the same time. Please HELP!

I found this one in modifyalb.php:

$sql = "SELECT aid, IF($field_user_name IS NOT NULL, CONCAT('(', $field_user_name, ') ', title), CONCAT(' - ', title)) AS title " . "FROM {$CONFIG['TABLE_ALBUMS']} AS a " . "LEFT JOIN {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} AS u ON category = (" . FIRST_USER_CAT . " + $field_user_id) " . "ORDER BY title";

this seems to be a killer query. Joining two tables without using indexes in the JOIN field and ordering without index. It is running minutes and the worst:

It locks all other queries to the cpg_albums and nuke_users table....

Is there any other way?

I want to know if I can modify the album settings directly with SQL commands (I master SQL on mysql interface) in order to change the Album settings to make an album only accessible to ONE usergroup. How do I do this in SQL?

omniscientdeveloper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Modify Albums settings - does not Work (HORROR SQL ?)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2004, 11:41:03 am »

Sorry, but if you're using the nuke version of coppermine, the people that manage it would have to help you out. ( I don't see why they can't--according to what you said) We only manage the standalone version, so any help we give could actually break your install.

-omni

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 12:53:21 pm »

When you say 'nobody there can help me', do you mean at www.nukephotogallery.com, which is where you should go for support for your version of coppermine.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Laffer

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 02:14:08 pm »

Nobody means, nobody answers!  :-[ I hope you can help, because it is the same for both versions in terms of SQL

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 03:02:34 pm »

If they don't answer there'll probably be a good reason for it - maybe you sort of "misbehaved" and they ignore you, or you weren't clearly saying what your actual issue is. Post a deep link to the thread on the nuke support board you were posting in.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.