Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Repeated category and album names batch upload problem  (Read 3653 times)

billy

• Coppermine newbie
Repeated category and album names batch upload problem
« on: June 20, 2004, 07:04:29 pm »

Hiya,

I am currently trying to organise my new photo gallery.  I am using Coppermine 1.3 stable released on June 11th.  

Everything is working fine, but a problem I am having is that in the batch upload section, I have repeated 'category - album' locations in the drop down 'put files into' box.

This is because I have upto five tiers in my gallery i.e. 'main category -sub category - sub-sub category - sub-sub-sub category - sub-sub-sub-sub category - albums', and the put files into box only shows the 'sub-sub-sub-sub category - album' information, so this can be confusing.  

Also having repeated category -album names seems to only allow photos to exist in the repeated 'category - album' location that was last uploaded to.

Please can you tell me how to modify my gallery (I think the applicable file is searchnew.php) so that the 'put files into' drop down box shows the full location of my albums, as is shown in the breadcrumb bar in the gallery.

By the way my gallery is at www.ubbconline.co.uk/photos

Ta very much,

Billy

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Repeated category and album names batch upload problem
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 11:39:25 pm »

would be nice to have, but this is currently not possible (consider it a bug if you want). As a workaround, you could batch-add your new uploads to an album that is hidden for all regular users and can be only accessed by you (the admin) - preferably name it "aaa", so it shows up at the top. After the batch-add you could then move the pics to the proper location (I know this is not a very elegant solution). Another option is to have different sub-category names (they could differ only minimally).

GauGau

P.S. [off topic]I can't see any pics in your gallery yet. Although I understand you want to order it neatly I recommend you only create categories and albums if you need them (shortly before adding pics to them) - empty albums usually make site visitors leave instantly, as they think: nothing there, why bother to look around...[/off topic]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 19 queries.