Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most appropriate solution for the photography website  (Read 2130 times)

tempqn

• Coppermine newbie
Most appropriate solution for the photography website
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:38 am »

I am trying to create a website with personal pictures (photography of different places/subjects), and was wondering if coppermine gallery will allow me to achieve the following.

As an example, say I have 7 pictures to display. (1) taken somewhere in US, (2) taken in England, (3) taken in Grand Canyon National Park, (4) taken in New York, (5) taken in London, (6) depicting a penguin in New York and (7) a penguin in London. I need that the visitor of the website could:

-press a button <US> and see 4 pictures: of US, Grand Canyon National Park, New York, and penguin in New York.

-press a button <England> and see 3 pictures: of England, London, and penguin in London.

-press a button <cities> and see 4 pictures: of New York, London, penguin in New York, and penguin in London.

-press a button <animals> and see 2 pictures: of penguin in New York, and penguin in London.

and so on. I will need to be able to customize the design of the eventual website (i.e. the visual and the placement of the buttons etc). I am not sure whether coppermine gallery would be appropriate to achieve all this? 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

jsalab

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Most appropriate solution for the photography website
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:20:42 pm »

I made it through the search. Then place the template button, the system set a photo for your keyword. Buttons to adjust the output link from a search of the keyword. Filtering photos from England, should link
Poslech
http://www.paulmcdonaldweb.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?search=england&submit=search&album=search&newer_than=&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Most appropriate solution for the photography website
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:23:41 pm »

You either could use the search as already described or create custom meta albums. Of course you can change the design of Coppermine to your needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.