Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users don't receive activation link  (Read 15788 times)

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
Users don't receive activation link
« on: February 23, 2011, 01:05:54 am »

Hi,

I uploaded my gallery from 1.5.8 to 1.5.12 two days ago and since then (I'm alomos sure it was only after that) users stopped receiving their activation link. It happened before but just now and then with some users mails, now no one receives it at all.

I'm activating their accounts myslef for now but I prefer the old way, there's a solution?

Best Regards,
Lipa

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Users don't receive activation link
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:16:38 am »

Do you receive email sent by the contact form or any other emails sent by Coppermine?

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 08:46:59 pm »

Hi,

I can't be sure because the gallery users always contacted me to my email that's written in the page.

I received the notification of the answer to this topic for example, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean by coppermine emails...

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:51:19 pm »

I forgot: as I said before I changed my config option to receive an email about any new registrations but I'm not receiveng them either, this was probably something wrong in the update to 1.5.12, maybe I should upload the right file that controls this process again?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:16:18 pm »

It cannot hurt to verify that all files has been uploaded correctly. Your gallery has a contact form (if enabled). Please try if you receive emails from that contact form.

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 11:12:41 pm »

It was disabled thanks. I sent the form with a test account and didn't received anything, not in the spam box neither.

I'm updating again right now...

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 11:48:48 pm »

I upgraded again, it didn't work... to be honest it's not too serious compared to some problems I had in the past sos i'm not too worried but it would be safer and useful with the acivation link.

I notices some pages appera with error or blank sometimes and I have to refresh it, idk if it's related.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 08:55:59 am »

Please review your email settings in the config. Do you use SMTP for sending emails?

I had some trouble in the past when I set particular email addresses for 'Gallery administrator email'. In my case my host doesn't sent emails with the sender/receiver address '@googlemail.com'. You can try to change that address as well.

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2011, 12:40:21 pm »

I'm using a free host - 000webhost - since more than 1 year ago, so I don't use SMPT in this site *only paid ones*

The admin mail in the config was always @gmail.com and never gave me any problems. Anyway, I tried to switch to others like you said *hotmail,sapo* but it doesn't work.

I will change my gallery to a paid host in a few weeks *not because of this* I hope that then the problem doesn't happen anymore but I odubt it

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »

Sometimes your hosting provider changes some settings that breaks some functionality of the hosted applications. Coppermine doesn't stop sending email itself. Either you or your hosting provider have changed something. Sending emails works for me and many other galleries as expected.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »

If I remember correctly that useless excuse for a host does not allow the sending of mails via smtp on its "Free" service so it will never work. I think sendmail is also limited. Odd for a company that makes its money from spam and iffy affiliate programs.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

lipa

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2011, 07:13:42 pm »

If I remember correctly that useless excuse for a host does not allow the sending of mails via smtp on its "Free" service so it will never work. I think sendmail is also limited. Odd for a company that makes its money from spam and iffy affiliate programs.

that's truth, it's not exactly a good host but for a free one I not complains until now, I never needed the smpt.

I honestly don't think the problem is the admin mail in the config, gmail alway worked in this host...the thing is, since I upoloaded to 5.12 I'm having some other minor problems like not being able to put password, when I check the pass option th winddow does not expand...* I already read the topic with that problem, I will try to switch to firefox*

anyway, about this mail problem I will only hope that it's solved when I change my host but I have a feeling that will not.

And for last, thanks for your quick answers :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.