Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strengthening Captcha Settings  (Read 3866 times)

ezink

• Coppermine newbie
Strengthening Captcha Settings
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:24:05 am »

In a previous topic...  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,67481.0.html  it was said that descriptions of the settings are in include/captcha.inc.php.

True there is a brief one line description for each setting.  But, where can one find  a captcha tutorial with a full description of each setting with an explanation of possible parameters and their effect.  I have searched docs and unless I am blind or blinked at the wrong time... have been unable to find this information.

For instance:   $iNumLines = 70, // number of noise lines to draw

I suppose that 70 is the default.   How to strengthen or weaken the number of lines?   What is the maximum number for the strongest setting?  What is the possible range of settings.    I have tried  0, 5, 20, 90, 100  and I see no change in the number of lines for the captcha on my site.   I thought maybe it was my chmod settings.  My captcha.inc.php file was 744. I tried 777 and still no change in number of lines.  include folder is 757.

Also, the line:   $aCharSet = array(), // array of characters to select from - if blank uses upper case A - Z

For the array(),    Blank uses uppercase letters from A-Z.   What other  possible settings  are there.   What to insert to use just numbers?  What to insert to use combination of numbers and upper case letters?   What to insert to use combination of numbers, lower case and upper case letters?

Thank you.

site is mag-anak.zinkhome.net

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Strengthening Captcha Settings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:40:37 am »

In the header of the file captcha.inc.php you'll see the author of the class and a url to the authors site. Here you'll find (in most cases) more info on how to use that class (at least it's exactly the info the CPG dev, who added that feature, had).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.