Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most appropriate solution for the photography website  (Read 2141 times)

tempqn

• Coppermine newbie
Most appropriate solution for the photography website
« on: March 06, 2011, 11:27:38 am »

I am trying to create a website with personal pictures (photography of different places/subjects), and was wondering if coppermine gallery will allow me to achieve the following.

As an example, say I have 7 pictures to display. (1) taken somewhere in US, (2) taken in England, (3) taken in Grand Canyon National Park, (4) taken in New York, (5) taken in London, (6) depicting a penguin in New York and (7) a penguin in London. I need that the visitor of the website could:

-press a button <US> and see 4 pictures: of US, Grand Canyon National Park, New York, and penguin in New York.

-press a button <England> and see 3 pictures: of England, London, and penguin in London.

-press a button <cities> and see 4 pictures: of New York, London, penguin in New York, and penguin in London.

-press a button <animals> and see 2 pictures: of penguin in New York, and penguin in London.

and so on. I will need to be able to customize the design of the eventual website (i.e. the visual and the placement of the buttons etc). I am not sure whether coppermine gallery would be appropriate to achieve all this? 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

jsalab

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Most appropriate solution for the photography website
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 04:20:42 pm »

I made it through the search. Then place the template button, the system set a photo for your keyword. Buttons to adjust the output link from a search of the keyword. Filtering photos from England, should link
Poslech
http://www.paulmcdonaldweb.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?search=england&submit=search&album=search&newer_than=&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Most appropriate solution for the photography website
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 12:23:41 pm »

You either could use the search as already described or create custom meta albums. Of course you can change the design of Coppermine to your needs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.