Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Very high CPU usage  (Read 4166 times)

honeynmilk

• Coppermine newbie
Very high CPU usage
« on: March 04, 2011, 08:16:45 pm »

Hello,

I am having a constant problem with CPU whenever I post new images on site. Exactly when my visitors start to view them all at once.
I'm having over 500 visitors online in the gallery and I post only high resolution images. So when a new album is created and everyone want to check it out my CPU is like: Server load 63.13 (8 CPUs)
I've started to remove everything that might make the site load and use mysql, I don't have any slideshows, just 5 thumbnails in a row

I am wondering if the full preview script is not causing this. Maybe there is a way to change the script from loading image in a pop up to simple _blank html direction/direct link?

I am using the last 1.4 version since 1.5 scares me a little with changes (I wouldn't be able to make a nice theme by myself I guess) but maybe upgrading would make a difference?
Maybe someone got any ideas what might be causing such a huge server load (besides obvious traffic) and how to decrease it?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Very high CPU usage
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:54 pm »

Sorry, but support has ceased for the 1.4.x line since last year. We just do not have the manpower to support too many versions.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.