Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo in multiple albums and user controlled order  (Read 4020 times)

pootle

• Coppermine newbie
photo in multiple albums and user controlled order
« on: June 18, 2004, 03:59:46 pm »

I've been having a look and play with 1.3 with a view to adding the capability to put a photo into multiple albums.

The way I think it is best to do this also means that it will be easy to allow users to specify their own order of photos in an album as well.

If there is interest in this, I will try to package this up as a mod in the mods section, but it is a fairly extensive mod as it changes the database structure which in turn requires changes to much of the SQL query generation in many files.

I'm still thinking about how the user interface to this will work, but I am thinking of something like the following:

When in admin mode, and looking at a photo there will be a new option to 'add to album' which will give a drop down list of albums the photo can be added to.  Defaults to the last album that was added to...  Crop and Rotate         Edit description         DELETE THIS FILE         Add to Album

The new photo will be added to that album.

delete this file will only remove the photo from the current album, once all references to a photo hace gone, the file is deleted

The title   filename    date +/- options  get an additional option user order

When viewing a thumbnail page in admin mode, and user order is in use, a photo can be swapped with the one on the left, right, above, below

Thre will be an upgrade page that you kick off from your browser, when logged in as admin, that will update the database schema so it all works, but with the upgrade in place, the old database won't work, and once changed the old code won't work.  It would be possible to write a regress feature, but it could be a bit tricky.......

I think this will be really useful as it will allow you to create a new album to show off particular sets of pictures, reference etc. pictures you already have elsewhere without having to re-upload them or take them out of where they already are., then the new album can be used to view them or run a slideshow or whatever, since you can set the order up any way you like, you can make it.

It would also be nice to do a search and turn the results into a new album, but I haven't looked into how to do this yet.

Technically I am doing this by allowing a many-may relationship between album and picture, using a new table to join the two together.

Comments please........
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 10:55:23 am by GauGau »

clairobscur

• Translator
  • Coppermine novice
Re: photo in multiple albums and user controlled order
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 09:01:55 am »

I was looking for this option. I think it is a grrrrreat idea!  :)

kvv213

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 09:54:41 am »

Does someone managed to realize that feature?

I think that the feautre is very and very useful.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2004, 11:19:46 am »

One picture in multiple albums is already being looked at by the Dev team for version 1.4 of cpg.

Read this thread for more info: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8020.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.