Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to set individual and different permissions to albums to each user ?  (Read 5097 times)

DrGreen

• Coppermine newbie

Hi and first of all, congrats for this wonderful gallery !

I would like for each user to set which albums they are allowed to watch and which they aren't.

For example I'd like to have private albums for me and my friends, that regular users don't even see they exist, but I'd also like to specify which friends have access to which albums... It would be great to have tick boxes representing each albums and for each user to tick 'yes' or 'no' for granting access...

Do you think it exists somehow or it could be developped ?

For example, this gallery offers this possibility (but it's not as good as coppermine... ;)) : http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

You can just set up various groups, and place you members in them according to what you want.  Members can be in several groups, so you could do it like this.

Groups;
Relatives, Friends, Adults, Children, Male, Female, Censored.

Aunt Doris would be in Relatives, Adults, Female.
Best friend Dave would be in Friends, Adults, Male, Censored.
Daves young sister Jane would be in Friends, Female, Children.

Now, you can set the album permissions accordingly.An album set for relatives would be seen by Aunt Doris, one set for Male would be seen by Dave, etc.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Cheffu

• Coppermine novice
    • http://www.cheffu.de

After months a developper said, that in the new version there is a way, for make a permission in albums for more than one group. Is this mod in plan?
Schreibfehler sind beabsichtigt und dienen der allgemeinen Belustigung.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Benny, no dev ever said so. We're considering a more granular permission management for future versions though.

GauGau

Cheffu

• Coppermine novice

yes, no dev said that it will be, but a dev said that this mod is planned. But sorry, when i'm wrong. I will make a bridge with SMF, but without this mod, it is not good, because I have diffrent usergroups.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

At the moment this simply isn't possible in coppermine (would require vast changes in the database structure), but you should be able to create an appropriate permission level when using SMF, as one of the main benefits of SMF is the membership in multiple groups, and a very granular permission/groups management there.

GauGau

Cheffu

• Coppermine novice

yes ok i understand. Do you perhaps know if the brigde is successful if I make everybody who should can see the album in the same "second" group or is it only successful in the first? I can test that, but perhaps you know it.

Edit:
Ok thanks GauGau, it also work with the second usergroup. Now it is very easy to set the rights
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 04:31:32 pm by Cheffu »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.