Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upload a folder of pictures at a time?  (Read 9040 times)

AgaBoogaBoo

• Coppermine newbie
Upload a folder of pictures at a time?
« on: June 18, 2004, 08:04:59 am »

I know now you can upload 5 pictures at a time, but more would be nice especially not having to click on each one.

I searched around, didn't find any hack or modification to do this either, but if there is, please link me

If I want to tell my aunt to go to this site, with this username and pw, then click on upload and choose the files, I don't want to have to get her on FTP or zip up some files so she can upload them. For her, the easiest would either be having something so she can upload a whole folder at once or just having her do 5 pictures at once, which can be a pain when you do a lot.

If this is already available or something better than 5 pics at once, let me know, otherwise it's something for you guys to thingk about :D

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Upload a folder of pictures at a time?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 10:49:32 am »

You can allow up to 10 at once.  This is set in the groups setting, on the right hand side (you will need to scroll across)
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 11:39:14 am »

you (as coppermine admin) are recommended to use ftp-upload and batch-add anyway, since it is the fastest option for a big number of files.

GauGau

AgaBoogaBoo

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 05:36:13 am »

you (as coppermine admin) are recommended to use ftp-upload and batch-add anyway, since it is the fastest option for a big number of files.

GauGau

RIght, but explaining FTP to someone else who isn't computer literate isn't the greatest thing to do, I guess 10 uploads at once isn't bad, but what I'm saying is that there is still work that could be done on the script in terms of uploading pictures

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 08:05:42 am »

If you know of a method of uploading folders from a browser that isn't a Java applet or an ActiveX control, I'm all ears.  ;)
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 10:11:08 am »

for security reasons, you shouldn't give ftp-access to your users anyway, so batch-add is not an option for "regular" users.
I'm with hyperion on this: unless someone codes a cross-platform JavaApplet the current multiple http uploads is as close as you can get...

GauGau

GGallery

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 07:33:53 pm »

isn't there a 'zip' upload already? I think even my wife could learn how to put everything into one big zip file and upload it ;) CPG would then have to unzip it and do add_picture on all of them

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 11:58:36 pm »

There used to be a zip upload mod for cpg1.1, I doubt it will work with current versions. It also required zlib installed on the server, which would raise the minimum requirements a lot.
Unzipping and consecutive batch-add will result in a huge server-load, so I'm not sure this is really an option worth checking.

GauGau

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2004, 12:16:52 am »

GGallery,

What you see in upload.php is space and structure for a ZIP upload feature. I put it there so it could be added easily in a modular fashion at some time in the future.

-Hyperion
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Burpee

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Vuurwerklook.com
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 12:38:46 am »

Hmm... how about using the XP Publish wizard? It's easy and I think it can support many files at the same time... It just can't read error messages... only big downside to it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.