Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old version - wrecked database  (Read 1995 times)

jtipp

• Coppermine newbie
old version - wrecked database
« on: February 19, 2011, 07:16:50 am »

I have a very old version (1.3) of coppermine on my home server. It stores about 1500 photos which I now need for a project, so was going to upgrade to 1.5, however, I discovered the database has some problems. Example, in 'cpg130_albums' all the fields for 'pic_count' and 'thumb' contain a 0 (zero) and the 'last_addition' all says "0000-00-00 00:00:00".  My guess is that I lost this data during a mysql upgrade some time in the past. As a result, I encounter an error when attempting to open an album - "The selected album/file does not exist !"

I need some help to find out what is the best way to approach this...

If I do a fresh install of 1.5 and import all the photos, I will lose the photo titles and captions.
If I do an upgrade to 1.4 then 1.5 I'm still not going to be able to access the full size photos because of the database errors.

I'm wondering if I do an fresh install of 1.5 and import the files, with the same filenames into the same albums, is there a sql script I could run to import the titles and captions based on the filename and album?

Any suggestions as to the best way to approach this will be greatly appreciated.

Nibbler

Re: old version - wrecked database
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 12:16:54 pm »

I don't think the error you are seeing is due to that. Perform the update to 1.5 via 1.4 and you should be fine.

jtipp

• Coppermine newbie
Re: old version - wrecked database
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 10:02:57 pm »

Thank you very much Nibbler!  It worked - I can now see all my photos.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.