Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hide single pictures?  (Read 4608 times)

Peter75

• Coppermine newbie
Hide single pictures?
« on: February 14, 2011, 03:24:38 pm »

hello
I just startet to use coppermine and i did put up a gallery containing like 4000 pictures.
The system is running very good and i like coppermine a lot, but now i have a big problem.
I have to hide single pictures for not registerd people, because the content is very sensitive. I have to do this in many different albums. I can not find an option for this.
I allready did think about to put these pictures in different albums an hide these once but this would make the work for registerd users much more difficult to find all pictuers of the same subject.
I could not find a topic about this problem does anybody know how to do this? is there an adon or plugin?

greetings and thanks!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Hide single pictures?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 03:48:34 pm »

You can set permission level only on album level.

I'm currently not sure if that works, but maybe you can use your approach:
I allready did think about to put these pictures in different albums an hide these once
and then use the album_keyword feature.

I'll perform some tests.

Peter75

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 10:27:19 am »

Okay
 I tought that there is a way to hide singel pictures. to put keywords on the albums with sensitive contend is is not working for me really because i have 204 albums and i think tehre are 150 albums everyone with only a few like 3 or 4 sensitive pictures.
so when i put a keyword on all of this albums the not registerd guest will have only a minimum of material.

thanks for helping me

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 11:11:33 am »

I think you misunderstood me. Here's an example. You have 2 albums where you want to hide just a few pictures from the public:
Code: [Select]
- Album 1
-- Picture 11
-- Picture 12
-- Picture 13
-- Picture 14

- Album 2
-- Picture 21
-- Picture 22
-- Picture 23
-- Picture 24

Let's assume you want to hide picture 12, 23 and 24 for guests, so we move them to a separate album:
- Album 1
-- Picture 11
-- Picture 13
-- Picture 14

- Album 2
-- Picture 21
-- Picture 22

- Album 3 (restricted permission for registered users only)
-- Picture 12
-- Picture 23
-- Picture 24

Now you set the 'Album can be viewed by' permissions of 'Album 3' to your needs. From now on guests cannot see your sensitive content. To bring that content back to the appropriate albums, we use the album keyword feature (please search the docs). Here's an example how you could assign keywords:
- Album 1 (album keyword: album_1)
-- Picture 11
-- Picture 12 (is visible again in this album because of the album keyword feature, but only for users who have access to 'Album 3')
-- Picture 13
-- Picture 14

- Album 2 (album keyword: album_2)
-- Picture 21
-- Picture 22
-- Picture 23 (is visible again in this album because of the album keyword feature, but only for users who have access to 'Album 3')
-- Picture 24 (is visible again in this album because of the album keyword feature, but only for users who have access to 'Album 3')

- Album 3 (restricted permission for registered users only)
-- Picture 12 (keyword: album_1)
-- Picture 23 (keyword: album_2)
-- Picture 24 (keyword: album_2)

Peter75

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 02:30:46 pm »

ok,
 i missunderstood at first, now it works!

thank you very much!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.