Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade created extra database  (Read 4177 times)

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
Upgrade created extra database
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:16:13 pm »

Hello
I just did the 1.5.12 upgrade from 1.4 and everything seemed to work fine except somehow I ended up with two databases now and I set up the wrong one that is empty.  How can I change back to my original database.  I have tried changing it in the included/config file but I recieved another line error on another file.

Can this be done and how many files would I have to update?  Or should I just copy the user information somehow from the old database and upload my albums file again?

Thanks, the new version looks awesome also by the way!!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Upgrade created extra database
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:12:51 pm »

If it created a new database then one of your steps must have been incorrect. It should be easy to recover however. If you point include/config.inc.php at the correct database then run update.php you should be fine.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

I will try that and see what happens.  I'll let you know.

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:20 pm »

Ok, that did not work, it gave me more errors on different files.  So I started over, deleted everything in my coppermine folder and re-uploaded the upgrade.  Now when I try to do the upgrade script I get this page.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\travelbuff\travelbuff.net\coppermine\update.php:2) in D:\coppermine\update.php on line 33

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\hshome\travelbuff\travelbuff.net\coppermine\update.php:2) in D:\coppermine\update.php on line 33

I have no ideal how this is happening now?

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:01:49 am »

Just noticed in my download from one of the mirror download companies, that my original download was screwed up.  I found multiple album files and other duplicates also.  Wanted to let you know that some of those downloads are incorrectly done.  I downloaded the update again and discovered a much cleaner zip file.  Could be a lot of other peoples issues also.  Go ahead and close this ticket and please remove my file information. I hit reply before looking that close, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.