Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade created extra database  (Read 4164 times)

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
Upgrade created extra database
« on: February 12, 2011, 03:16:13 pm »

Hello
I just did the 1.5.12 upgrade from 1.4 and everything seemed to work fine except somehow I ended up with two databases now and I set up the wrong one that is empty.  How can I change back to my original database.  I have tried changing it in the included/config file but I recieved another line error on another file.

Can this be done and how many files would I have to update?  Or should I just copy the user information somehow from the old database and upload my albums file again?

Thanks, the new version looks awesome also by the way!!

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Upgrade created extra database
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:12:51 pm »

If it created a new database then one of your steps must have been incorrect. It should be easy to recover however. If you point include/config.inc.php at the correct database then run update.php you should be fine.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 06:41:30 pm »

I will try that and see what happens.  I'll let you know.

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:34:20 pm »

Ok, that did not work, it gave me more errors on different files.  So I started over, deleted everything in my coppermine folder and re-uploaded the upgrade.  Now when I try to do the upgrade script I get this page.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at D:\hshome\travelbuff\travelbuff.net\coppermine\update.php:2) in D:\coppermine\update.php on line 33

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at D:\hshome\travelbuff\travelbuff.net\coppermine\update.php:2) in D:\coppermine\update.php on line 33

I have no ideal how this is happening now?

travelbuff

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 06:01:49 am »

Just noticed in my download from one of the mirror download companies, that my original download was screwed up.  I found multiple album files and other duplicates also.  Wanted to let you know that some of those downloads are incorrectly done.  I downloaded the update again and discovered a much cleaner zip file.  Could be a lot of other peoples issues also.  Go ahead and close this ticket and please remove my file information. I hit reply before looking that close, sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.