Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: linking to a picture  (Read 2640 times)

Morrel

• Coppermine newbie
linking to a picture
« on: February 11, 2011, 12:24:24 am »

Hello,
I'm learning microsoft expression web. I like the way it changes all the links in my site when I move a picture to another map.
Is it possible to do something like that when I install coppermine?

An example of what I want:
I'm writing an article on an airplane, I want thumbnails in that article that points to the pictures in the coppermine database.
how can I do that?
Is there a piece of code I can use so the link stays valid, even if I change the location of the picture, (or its name) to another album? (some kind of picture ID that stays the same perhaps)
The most importand for me is the abillity to shuffle pictures around and rename them without having to change links all the time
I hope my question is clear enough...
I've been reading all the docs and did a search but I really can't find an answer
thank you.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: linking to a picture
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:01:50 am »

As long as you don't move or rename the files on filesystem level, you can use the paths to that files. If you move files in Coppermine from one album to another or change the title/description/keywords the path to the files will stay the same.

There's a plugin 'CPMFetch' that maybe fit your needs, too.

Morrel

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 12:50:13 pm »

Nice, thank you.
I'll try CPMFetch, If my head doesn't explode from al this new stuff, i'll report back.
Now all I need is something to rename the filename of an image without messing up that database.

Sometimes it's difficult to find answers, because you don't know the right question.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »

Another alternative (if wherever you are writing your article supports it) would be to use bbcode. There are a number of plugins that will give you a bbcode link to the thumbnail that when clicked upon will return the user to the image in the gallery. It will generate a code similar to below for insance. If your blog etc supports it you will see the thumb rather than the code.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/albums/userpics/10067/Ollie-2A.jpg][IMG]http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/albums/userpics/10067/thumb_Ollie-2A.jpg[/img][/url]
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 05:22:46 pm »

Another alternative (if wherever you are writing your article supports it) would be to use bbcode. There are a number of plugins that will give you a bbcode link to the thumbnail that when clicked upon will return the user to the image in the gallery. It will generate a code similar to below for insance. If your blog etc supports it you will see the thumb rather than the code.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/albums/userpics/10067/Ollie-2A.jpg][IMG]http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133/albums/userpics/10067/thumb_Ollie-2A.jpg[/img][/url]
That's what I tried to say with the 'path explanation' :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 21 queries.