Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Normal images not being created  (Read 7091 times)

gonzoinc

• Coppermine newbie
Normal images not being created
« on: February 10, 2011, 05:01:57 pm »

I am having issues with some files I uploaded not creating the "normal_[filename]" images in the albums folder. I am using a plugin which creates BBcode using the below:

Code: [Select]
$CONFIG["ecards_more_pic_target"] . get_pic_url($CURRENT_PIC_DATA, 'normal')
The plugin just creates text boxes using the image location to create the BBcode to make it easier for me to post my images on forums. For some reason when the files are originally uploaded they are not creating the "normal_[filename]" image. the thunbnails are being generated fine just not the normal image. All file permissions are correct and this is happening with random images so it is hard to track down. Below is one file I have tried uploading multiple time and each time it fails to generate the normal image.

Again this is not happening all the time. Just about 10% of the time.

Example:

Normal image not working: http://3s.gonzoinc.com/albums/userpics/10002/normal_Fuel-Lines.jpg
Full Image: http://3s.gonzoinc.com/albums/userpics/10002/Fuel-Lines.jpg
Thumbs:  http://3s.gonzoinc.com/albums/userpics/10002/thumb_Fuel-Lines.jpg

Gallery: http://3s.gonozoinc.com
Test login:test
Pass: test_gonozinc

Any Ideas??

gonzoinc

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Normal images not being created
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »

Guess the edit button is not enabled or I am just not seeing it!

Fat fingered the login details!

Corrected:

Gallery: http://3s.gonozoinc.com
Test login:test
Pass: test_gonzoinc

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:31 am »

If the size you've set for intermediate images is < that the uploaded file size, a normal_ file won't be created. Therefore teh fullsized image will get displayed. You need to upload bigger files in size x|y or reduce the size of intermediate images in config.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 09:15:47 am »

You appear to be running version 1.4.27. We've not been supporting the 1.4.x line for some time now so this would be a good opportunity for you to upgrade to the 1.5.x line. It may even fix your problems.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

gonzoinc

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 02:18:44 pm »

If the size you've set for intermediate images is < that the uploaded file size, a normal_ file won't be created. Therefore teh fullsized image will get displayed. You need to upload bigger files in size x|y or reduce the size of intermediate images in config.

Thanks that got things working.

No offense Phil but I did a lot of searching prior to making this post and it seems the consensus of most of the dev/mods here is always to upgrade to the newest version when they find out that the end user is not using the most up to date version. Upgrading is not always the solution unless you know the root of the problem.  In this case if I had upgraded the problem would have still been there and I would have wasted time doing the upgrade. I just had a simple issue that I overlooked in the settings and needed some assistance.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 02:33:11 pm »

Upgrading would certainly not be a waste of time. There are many reasons why we ask you to upgrade (and yes, your problem would still have existed, I know that). In your case support for 1.4.x has ended. I thought I had locked this particular board down but it appears it has been overlooked (the SMF back end is not exactly easy where permissions are concerned). Security issues aside, we insist on only supporting the lates version because in many cases things have already been fixed, we don't want to have to fix them again!

Please take the time to upgrade as we really cannot provide support on both 1.4.x and 1.5.x while still developing for the future. We are just too small a team. You have been lucky to get support here.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.