Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can gallery images be placed above the root?  (Read 5835 times)

End_User

• Coppermine newbie
Can gallery images be placed above the root?
« on: February 07, 2011, 04:31:07 pm »

I searched the board, FAQ, and docs but didn't see a specific reference to this; if I missed it please just point to whatever page is appropriate.

My question is this: can I place my gallery images in a directory above the root of the domain? I have a very, very old version of Coppermine (1.1x)  that was installed years ago. I spent a lot of time modifying it so I could place the gallery images in a directory above the root of the domain.

Recently the server had a major hard drive crash and I'm recreating the domain...I downloaded the latest version of Coppermine and I've done some test installs. At one point I could have sworn I was able to get it to batch add images (and display them) from the directories above the root, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

The path I used for the 'album directory' setting that I *thought* worked was "../../album/", which points to a directory one level above the root of the domain.

So, my question is, "Can I place my gallery images in a directory above the root of the domain?" Is there a way to make Coppermine work that way?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Can gallery images be placed above the root?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:09:54 pm »

That's not possible out of the box, as Coppermine use the img tag to embed the images to the gallery. If PHP has access to that path, it should be possible by using the PHP function readfile. Please search this board for that function. We recently had some discussions how to protect files in Coppermine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.