Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Functionality done (subalbums)... ¿how can I include in the main line?  (Read 3053 times)

ritxar

• Coppermine newbie

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to congratulate the coppermine team for the great work they do with this project.

I make some modifications to the 1.8.5 version to include
   - Sub-albums (every album can be asociated with a parent album... the thumbnails view shows subalbums and pictures)
   - Share albums with other groups of users (I have users grouped family/university friends/my wife friends/etc... I|they can share album with other groups.)
   - Hability to Censure Pictures for other groups (if you dont want some picture van be viewed in one group you can censure for this group or for al the people)
   - Create the thumbnails and previews image in offline (for systems with low resources like mine... its speed up the uploads)
   - Store the thumbnails and previews in the Database (I have memory and disk but and I don't want little files in my paths)
   - Select the paths for albums and move the pictures to it(I want the albums in a dedicated directory structure....)
   - New php to get images (for not to store images in a directly accesible path for apache)
   - something more...

If it would be necesary I could make some test user´s to my gallery  if somebody of the cpg team want see my work.

Now I´m correcting some errors and bugs that my changes make in "list of albums"/meta-albums.....

In a few weeks I will try to optimize my code and I would like to integrate the code in the main line of cpg (I dont want to have my own fork.... your work is wonderfull and the plugins will be very usefull).....

Could someone teach to me about the protocol to include patch's and modifycations to the development of the next versión?

thanks in advance
Ritxar
ppd: sorry about my bad english...... "google translator"-less

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

Could someone teach to me about the protocol to include patch's and modifycations to the development of the next versión?
http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/dev_subversion.htm

ritxar

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks Andre,

Sorry if I´m offtopic.

I read how to use the subversion.... I will try to access it directly from eclipse.

I was asking how is the protocol to submit changes (i.e I´m not an active developer of cpg. Its necesary? who activate the active developers?)

And, to make correctly the optimisations and accurate my code I would like a clear instrucctions for generate the code (structure and distribution of the code througth phps, etc) in the project..... The changes that I made applies to a lot of phps (index, thumbnails, functions, admin, mgr, input.db, ) and I made without a "team coordinator" to code normalizedly.

Thanks
Ricardo

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I was asking how is the protocol to submit changes (i.e I´m not an active developer of cpg. Its necesary? who activate the active developers?)
Sorry, but I'm not really sure what you're asking. Do you want to know how you submit your changes to the official Coppermine package?

Maybe the word 'protocol' is used very differently in our native languages.

And, to make correctly the optimisations and accurate my code I would like a clear instrucctions for generate the code (structure and distribution of the code througth phps, etc) in the project..... The changes that I made applies to a lot of phps (index, thumbnails, functions, admin, mgr, input.db, ) and I made without a "team coordinator" to code normalizedly.
Maybe you're asking for this? http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/dev_coding.htm

ritxar

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for your answer,

Thanks for the link, I wasn't know about this manual... I read it quickly and appears there is a code normalization normal rules, I will read carefully not to make errors with i.e. capitalization.....

I´m not hurry about this..... I will finish my work, migrate to last version, apply my changes with your code guide and optimize it (some weeks)..... my problem is that you are speedy than me.... and you will release a new version before I will finish my work (and I will have to reestart migration, modification and correct)

I know that the SVN version is not fully stable.... I will try with this.

With "protocol" I want to say the process to "acept" the modifications in the main-line.

An example:
   1st. I will code and test in local
   2nd. I will upload my code (or patches) to the svn (I am not an active developer)
   3nd. Somebody will download, apply and test in a "Test Machine"
   4nd. Somebody will say "it´s ok!" to the modifications
   5nd. The team will include this in 1.8.X release.

Is there any like this?

Thansk a lot
Ritxar

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I know that the SVN version is not fully stable
Why shouldn't it be stable? We only apply bug fixes, so actually it should be more stable than the last 'stable' release.

An example:
   1st. I will code and test in local
   2nd. I will upload my code (or patches) to the svn (I am not an active developer)
   3nd. Somebody will download, apply and test in a "Test Machine"
   4nd. Somebody will say "it´s ok!" to the modifications
   5nd. The team will include this in 1.8.X release.
We had a feature freeze for cpg1.5.x (not cpg1.8.x!) a lot of months ago. If you want to contribute code or features it should be preferably done as plugins (which solves that issue by the way:
I will finish my work, migrate to last version, apply my changes with your code guide and optimize it (some weeks)..... my problem is that you are speedy than me.... and you will release a new version before I will finish my work (and I will have to reestart migration, modification and correct)
).

If you need more plugin hooks to achieve your goals, just ask for them in the Plugin hook suggestions for cpg1.5.x thread.

If you contribute your code, the dev team can decide if some of your added features will become core features in cpg1.6.x.

ritxar

• Coppermine newbie

Ok!

Thank you.

I will use the version in SVN (sorry about the mistake of number version) and try to re-design my code to use plugin-hooks (I think it not will be possible but i will try for it).....

And finally if the cpg team likes the changes they will decide the incorporation and they will make tests and everything they need.

See you in some weeks.
Ritxar.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 19 queries.