Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calendar album, can I use keywords?  (Read 2507 times)

AntonLargiader

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Album
Calendar album, can I use keywords?
« on: January 24, 2011, 03:43:13 pm »

I am building a calendar-format album spanning one year, where each day has multiple photos. I will most likely hand-code the front (thumbnail) page of this but I would like to power it using my existing CPG installation www.largiader.com/album. The thumbnail page will just look more or less like a calendar with seven columns. It's not finished but it's taking shape at www.largiader.com/oneyear

To avoid creating 365 albums I am hoping there is a way to upload pictures with keywords like Day1 and then have a URL that leads to a page where the images from that day are shown. I imagine they would be uploaded into one album containing all of the year's pictures but the display would then be dynamically filtered by keyword. The URL that achieves this would have to be manually written into my thumbnail page but that's OK as long as I just have to alter a value like ?keyword=Day1 for each day.

Is this possible, and if so, how do I determine the URL I'd have to use? The album would be #28.

Is there a better way?
My album:  www dot largiader dot com slash album

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Calendar album, can I use keywords?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 04:10:00 pm »

That's possible what you try to do and probably the best solution. You can use Coppermine's search function to distinguish pictures from different days. You don't need to assign keywords (but you can do if you want), but select images even by title, caption and/or filename (if they have criteria where you can easily select them). Just say if you want to assign keywords or if you want use other criteria.

AntonLargiader

• Coppermine novice
    • My Coppermine Album
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 05:17:12 pm »

Wow, so simple. Thank you very much. As a test I added some keywords to an existing album and then looked at the search URL:

http://www.largiader.com/album/thumbnails.php?search=Kate&submit=search&album=search&newer_than=&older_than=&keywords=on&type=AND

Just for fun I took out a few parameters that seemed to be unused and it still worked:

http://www.largiader.com/album/thumbnails.php?search=Kate&album=search&keywords=on

This definitely provides what I need. I'll probably have some more questions about ways to improve the process, though. A few more questions for now:

- Is there a way to restrict the search to a particular album? I don't see a potential need, but I'm curious. I didn't see an album field in the search selector.

- Is the theme of that page simply controlled by the existing theme, or is there a way to force a specific theme on the search result?

- Can the link take the user directly to the first image, rather than a thumbnail page?

My album:  www dot largiader dot com slash album

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »

Is there a way to restrict the search to a particular album? I don't see a potential need, but I'm curious. I didn't see an album field in the search selector.
Afaik not without modifying the code. But you could create a new meta album (ideally with a plugin) that restricts the search results to a specific album.

Is the theme of that page simply controlled by the existing theme, or is there a way to force a specific theme on the search result?
Just add the ?theme=xyz parameter as described in the docs.

Can the link take the user directly to the first image, rather than a thumbnail page?
I don't think so, as we store the search criteria in a cookie while displaying the first search results. But I'm currently not 100% sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.