Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Category Operations Missing  (Read 5694 times)

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
Category Operations Missing
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:31:46 pm »

I searched the forums and found this thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,48987.0.html which is the same as my problem. But this post did not help me.

I cannot access the buttons on any computer both mac and pc or any browser I've tried. Has there been a fix for this or does anyone have any suggestions.

I have reinstalled all of my files twice. I use Filezilla and when I went to install coppermine it said about 500 files were corrupt so I uploaded all the files again using CoffeeCup FTP and it came back with no files corrupted so I installed and none of the category operations show up except the edit button.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Category Operations Missing
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:55:38 pm »

Please post a link to your gallery and attach a screen-shot of your category manager.

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 08:21:02 pm »

[link removed as requested - Nibbler]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 04:27:19 pm by Nibbler »

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 03:45:46 am »

I was comparing the catmgr.php files from version 1.4.27 to 1.5.12 and it looks like there is a bunch of missing code in the file.

Does anyone have a working catmgr.php file for version 1.5.12?

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 04:21:17 am »

I don't know what I did that fixed the problem, but it is fixed. Here's what I did, but I don't know which thing fixed it.

I copied the catmgr.php file content and pasted it overtop of the current file content into the file on the server.

I check the mysql databases to make sure everything looked good.

Still nothing.

Then I added another category and the second category worked fine, the first category still did not have operations. So I deleted the first category in mysql and fixed the album number in mysql for the album associated with the category I just deleted.

Now it works like it should. I don't know if it was copying the file content or the creation of another category that fixed it. Either way it works now.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:59 am »

Which operations do you expect when you only have one category? It's intended that there are no more buttons if you only have the default category.

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 03:54:01 pm »

Which operations do you expect when you only have one category? It's intended that there are no more buttons if you only have the default category.

I was unable to delete the category. I wanted to delete it, because the category also did not show up on the main page and the album I placed in the category also did not show up. So, something wasn't working right.

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 03:55:45 pm »

If you could please remove the link to my site a little further up in the post I would appreciate it so much. Thank you.

Nibbler

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 04:26:52 pm »

That's the user galleries category. It should not be deleted.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 04:37:59 pm »

As Nibbler already said, that's the user galleries category. It will only be displayed if you upload files to an album in that category. What you describe as problem is expected behavior and works as it should.

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »

As Nibbler already said, that's the user galleries category. It will only be displayed if you upload files to an album in that category. What you describe as problem is expected behavior and works as it should.

What do you mean by 'user galleries category'? I created it in the category section as the first category and was not able to delete it nor did it show up. I have another coppermine gallery I just set up and it allows me to delete the first category I created.

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 08:38:23 pm »

No, it's created automatically when you install Coppermine. It contains albums that are created by your users. If you don't allow that then the category is not displayed in the gallery. You must have just renamed it to "Cats & Kittens" which confuses things.

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 09:28:47 pm »

I got it. I copied the table from a working coppermine gallery. So, now my gallery has the 'user galleries' and then my albums. I must have thought it was a sample category and didn't even read what the description was. I'm used to WordPress installing with sample posts, comments, pages, etc. then I just rename things in WP, I must have just renamed the category too assuming it was a sample category. Sorry about that.

BlackPanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »

Thank you for pointing that out to me. I appreciate it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.