Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Albums that use multiple directories are missing  (Read 6684 times)

grb

• Coppermine newbie
Albums that use multiple directories are missing
« on: January 16, 2011, 02:16:19 pm »

I upgraded from 1.4 to 1.5 in the last few days. I use it for a picture site, that is shared by friends and families and have over 15000 pictures. It is a great tool!
But after upgrading and manual changes, I find the following.

Some of my albums consist of pictures from multiple sub-directories. Almost all such albums got corrupted. They were missing thumbnails, lower resolution images in general. Just a few exceptional ones, were missing pictures too. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a wrong usage somehow?

Also, I have used "_res/res_" and "_thm/thm_" prefix for these files. It used to successfully create subdirectories and store my thumbnails in a separate directory. Now both GD and Imagemagick give errors.

Thanks

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Albums that use multiple directories are missing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 04:18:10 pm »

It used to successfully create subdirectories and store my thumbnails in a separate directory.
Sounds like a mod to me? Coppermine always stored and stores its thumbnails in the same directory as the high resolution images. Anyway, you could try to use the admin tools to re-create the thumbnails.

grb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:29:19 pm »

Sounds like a mod to me? Coppermine always stored and stores its thumbnails in the same directory as the high resolution images. Anyway, you could try to use the admin tools to re-create the thumbnails.

Thanks Andre. I actually used in the confing page _res/res_ as a prefix. That was sufficient. No mods were essential. This particular problem is resolved. It was something to do with permissions on folders, and I have resolved it since yesterday.

The upgrade did make my albums disappear - only those that had files from multiple directories. I have manually fixed it. You can close this thread now.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:03:46 pm »

The upgrade did make my albums disappear - only those that had files from multiple directories. I have manually fixed it.
tell others what you actually did to solve your issues. Posting a link to the page where you found the answer might help. Describing what you did might help as well. Finally, you can tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the little image (see attachment) in your initial posting on your thread.

grb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:14:52 am »

Sure.

1) I run my web server on a Linux machine. I had to change the group (that the apache user belongs to) permissions.  This fixed the creation of
    intermediate resolution and thumbnail images in separate directories (as long as I have used prefix in configuration file).

2) As for missing albums - there was no solution that I could think of. In most missing albums, the thumbnails and intermediate resolution images were
    deleted. In some exceptional albums, even the original resolution files were missing. So I just manually had to fix these.

In doing so, I found a "Easy Thumbnails" (http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/) extremely useful. It was able to work on the intranet, and recreate
    thumbnails and lower resolution files extremely fastly. Without this, I would have to resort to "batch add" files, which would have been tedious.

You guys are great in prompt answers. Thank you. I feel bad about not finding the little image to mark it "solved". Sorry.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:13 am »

I feel bad about not finding the little image to mark it "solved".
I've just done that for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.