Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porting of Copper Ad Plugin for 1.5.x  (Read 8794 times)

MarpleMW

• Coppermine newbie
Porting of Copper Ad Plugin for 1.5.x
« on: January 16, 2011, 09:13:25 am »

I would like to upgrade my site from 1.4.26 to 1.5.x but I need to be able to use the Copper Ad plugin with it and this is currently only designated for 1.4.x. My site is here: http://visitmarple.co.uk/photos

The link for Copper Ad is here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,33151.html

The Copper Ad creator, Sami, has not visited this forum since August 2010, so I have tried to contact him through his web site without success.

Is there anyone on the Coppermine Team or a Freelancer who would be able to port this plugin please? It would not only benefit me but also other users of Coppermine who wish to display banner ads.

I have a budget in the region of £50 (GBP) for this but if that is not realistic for the amount of work required then I will consider whatever is advised. Maybe other users would be prepared to contribute too?

Regards,

Mark Whittaker

foulu

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
  • uhm
Re: Porting of Copper Ad Plugin for 1.5.x
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:19:51 am »

Sent you a PM.

nickelas

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 07:47:29 pm »

I haven't seen the original plugin but I'll contribute 20gbp if I can add a keyword feature. That is being able to set a keyword for each ad. Plugin then compares this keyword with keywords for the current pic and displays matching ad (maybe randomly select one if many matches). Would that be possible?
Cheers
Human

MarpleMW

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 07:10:19 pm »

I can't answer your question nickelas but I can advise that Foulu has completed my request and the Copperad plugin is working on my site, which has been upgraded to 1.5.12 now.

Foulu responded quickly and did the work really fast. Afterwards he was patient while I upgraded the site and tested the plugin. When I did test it there was a bit of an issue where it wasn't working as it used to and he resolved this within 24 hours. I would be pleased to use his services again and would recommend them to others.

As part of my request Foulu agreed to make the ported plugin available on this forum once I had paid (which I've done) and I hope it will be of benefit to others too. 

foulu

• Contributor
  • uhm
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:19:31 am »

Here is the topic link of Copper Ads Plugin for Coppermine 1.5.x:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,70125.0.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.