Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the logic of not letting the members to modify/delete the pictures?  (Read 3448 times)

digit-all.ru

• Coppermine newbie

What is the logic of not letting the members to modify/delete the pictures they posted? For instance, a user is close to using all the space on the server. So he wants to put a new picture instead of an older one. Or after reading all the comments he decides to change the photo in some way. he cannot do it. So what't the logic?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

this doesn't follow any logic at all, it simply is the way coppermine currently works. There are some coppermine sites where the admin would like to see such a feature, there are other sites (like mine for example), where I definitely don't want a user to be able to delete any pics at all, since the pics are being refered to by outside apps (like a bbs) - I wouldn't want my links to become invalid. This is in the end a matter of taste, and we understand that there are people who will find this usefull, so hopefully there will be a feature in a future version of coppermine where the admin can allow/disallow the user to delete pics in public folders; but there will be no guarantee that this feature will be available, since this is a project run be volunteers - they coppermine devs tend to code what they find usefull for their coppermine galleries in the first place.
If you want to make sure there will be such an option in the future it would be best if you coded such a mod and posted it as a hack (giving the admin the ability to switch it on or off). Modifications that are well done usually make it into the next release as standard feature *hint*... ;)

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.