Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can users create albums within categories outside of the "User Gallery" area?  (Read 5772 times)

aperry

• Coppermine newbie

Hi,

I have Coppermine up and running nicely, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to accomplish this: 

I've created 3 top-level categories:  User1, User2, and User3
Within each of these top-level categories I have 3 nested categories called:  Travel, Candid, Artistic
I'd like to be able to allow any of the registered users to log in and create albums within these sub-categories (travel, candid, artistic).

Is this possible at all?  It seems that non-admin users cannot create albums outside of the "User Gallery" area.  It also seems that I cannot create categories within the user gallery area.   Any other ideas for how I can do this or something similar?

This is for a family photo gallery.

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

No, this cannot be done at the moment.  But you can create the albums for them.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

aperry

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks for the reply. 

So, in a nutshell, it would be correct to say that non-admin users can only organize photos by albums.  They cannot organize their albums (other than numerical ordering of the albums).

Is this correct?

Thanks again,
Aaron

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

yes, that's how it is at the moment.  We are looking at changing the category/album setup, to allow nested albums etc, for version 1.4, but that will not be anytime soon.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor

No, this cannot be done at the moment.  But you can create the albums for them.

I want to do something very similar to Aperry where I have user groups called Author and Publisher and top level categories also called Author and Publisher and want Authors (users) to automatically create albums in the Authors category and the same for Publishers.

From what you have said this isnt possible but you say I can create albums for them. Sorry if this is a dumn question but how? How can I set it that say user 123 can have a album called 123 in the Author category that only they can upload to? Maybe I'm missing something basic but I'm going round and round in circles  ???

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

How can I set it that say user 123 can have a album called 123 in the Author category that only they can upload to? Maybe I'm missing something basic but I'm going round and round in circles  ???

It is not possible to restrict uploads to a public album to one group only, except admins.  If visitors can upload, all users who have upload permission can upload to the album.
You will have to trust other members not to upload into others albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.