Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to make an album visible to everyone but writable to a group only  (Read 6689 times)

kramer_buffy

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!
I am trying to create an album that is visible to everyone but only a group is allowed to write to it.  I have created a new custom group, but I can't seem to find a way to link it to the album I have.  I looked in the documentation but couldn't find how to link the group to the album.  I know that if I put no to "visitors can upload files" the admin can still upload to that album, but I don't want to give admin permission to the people that are going to write to this album.

gallery link: http://www.cropstopcommunity.com/gallery/

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Trying to make an album visible to everyone but writable to a group only
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 12:10:04 pm »

You need to enable
visitors can upload files
and set the upload privileges in the group manager.

pitzerwm

• Coppermine regular visitor

Andre, I'm missing something here.  I have personal albums, that the registered group should be able to see but not upload to.  I see that you said to "allow visitor to upload" but set permission in Group Management.  What I am missing is where in group management?  If I click on "Assign Albums" I don't show anything, and I don't see anyway to add their album.

Thanks for your help.

Gallery link: http://autocareforum.biz/photogallery/

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.

Click the properties for the album you want that group to upload to. 

Next to where it says, "Album can be viewed by" there should be a dropdown box to the right of it.  Choose the group from there, and save.  Then in group manager you should see the assigned album showing for that group.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

pitzerwm

Thanks Lurkalot.  So if I understand you right.  I have an Album "X" under Sponsor's Gallery that I want all to see, but only one person can upload to.  If I go to that album and say that it can only be viewed by Sponsor 1 (group) Then I make that user Group and say that he can upload to it, I will accomplish what I am trying to do, or do I need to do more?

Thanks again for your help.

lurkalot

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
  • +Tinyportal Support team.

Well yes, but the other way around.  Create the group first, then choose that group in the album properties dropdown. ;)

Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.0, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

pitzerwm

Ok, I have done that.  What puzzles me is that if you check "only this group can view the album"  Then say a
"registered" group member wouldn't be able to see view the pictures.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

I have personal albums, that the registered group should be able to see but not upload to.
Sorry, but your question is totally different. What you try to accomplish is the standard behavior of Coppermine, so you don't need to change anything by default. If you disable 'visitors can upload files' nobody else than you can upload pictures to that album. If you disable upload privileges in the user manager for regular users, you'll be the only person who can upload files to your gallery.

pitzerwm

Thanks Andre.

I have version 1.4, In the album area, I check that visitors can't upload, right?  What I don't understand is how do I connect one user with this album?  I created a group that only he is a member, but I don't see how I make that album and that group together.

Thanks for your time.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict

cpg1.4.x is unsupported since a few months.

In cpg1.5.x you have different possibilities to accomplish your goal:
1. The user can create albums in their private category (as in cpg1.4.x)
2. You can allow regular users to create albums in public categories themselves.
3. You can move user created albums from the private to any public category and users can still upload pictures to that album(s)
4. Not recommended: you can create an album in advance and then manipulate the owner id in the database

Please don't ask further questions about cpg1.4.x, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.