Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need Frelancer for large gallery project  (Read 8099 times)

bbcanuck

• Coppermine newbie
Need Frelancer for large gallery project
« on: December 31, 2010, 06:48:51 pm »

This is for paid help.  I own a business and am looking to use Coppermine to create and manage multiple galleries (could be as many as 10,000), with up to 500 pictures in each gallery.  We will be needing custom templates, watermarks, frames around pictures etc.  We also want to be able to do mass uploads and gallery creations and deletions.  We also want to be able to move pictures to social media applications and also have an option for photo purchases.  I have not used Coppermine before so I am not familiar with the breadth of features and functions that can be created.  I have a much more detailed spec available for those who are interested.  I am looking to start this project immediately.  Please respond if you are interested in learning more and or have additional questions. 

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Need Frelancer for large gallery project
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 06:55:43 pm »

Most of those features are available out of the box or via plugins. The social media one is more of a feature of the soxial media sites, you can simply use one of the plugins that adds bbcode to each image.

So the main thing would be a custom template from the spec you are asking for so far.

What would be helpful to potential suiters is a link to your existing site, your timescale and a rough idea of your budget. We have plenty of talented freelancers who visit this board and giving as much information out as possible will increase your chances of finding a good one.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

bbcanuck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 07:10:40 pm »

I appreciate the advice and offer the following additional information.  I beleive that where I think a large part of the work would be is in allowing us to do mass creation and deletions of galleries from data gathered from our customer databases, these galleries would need to be created in bulk with password protection.  We also would need to be able to upload multiple pictures to multiple galleries at the same time.  My inexperience with the product make it difficult for me to estimate the budget for the project but I anticipate that we will be spending more than $1,000 to achieve our goals.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 08:02:20 pm »

Out of the box you can upload multiple pictures but not to multiple albums at the same time. That would require some modification of the code but not sure why you would want the same image to multiple albums. Password protection is part of the core code.

By galleries do you mean lots of photo albums or multiple installs of coppermine, I assume you mean the former?

Do you have an existing site with a rough idea of the look you wish to achieve? That will also help.

Before you decide on your budget take a look through the feature set already built into Coppermine - http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/index.htm?expand_all=1#features

Take a look through the already available plugins - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,91.0.html

And if possible give coppermine a test drive on a local install (which most people can setup in just a few minutes). Once you have done all that you will be in a better position to decide if Coppermine is the right product for your needs and also be able to guage your budget. I'm not trying to put you off hee, just trying to make sure that both yourself and any potential freelancer can get the most out Coppermine and do not end up struggling with complex features that may or may not be already available and if not available be outside what is possible.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Brookeswebs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 08:34:15 am »

Hay,
heeso is here.I am freelancer please let me know about your project.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.