Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: joomla and coppermine at one.com  (Read 2557 times)

pieternlt

• Coppermine newbie
joomla and coppermine at one.com
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »

Hi all,

This might seem like a stupid question to some but I'm not good at web building, so here we go:

I have a domain name and webspace at one.com. I have made a little website (introduction, about me etc) and I use coppermine for my pictures.
Now I want zo test joomla to replace my website (but not coppermine). I have a folder \album for coppermine and I'm planning to test joomla in \joomla. I noticed coppermine uses a database (SQL?) but puts all data in the mail database (no subfolder or something). When I test or use joomla, won't it overwrite some field used by coppermine (like users)?

I don't need a link between the two, just want to test them, but I want to be very sure this testing won't damage maar CP database. Searched the forum but I can't find an answer to this question, only that people try to make a bridge between the two. To install both, do I have to make some changes in the database? Will I be able to run both together without damaging my coppermine part?

greetz,

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: joomla and coppermine at one.com
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:22:50 pm »

You can install both but put coppermine in a separate directory or a sub directory of your Joomla install.

For instance, I use Joomla and Coppermine together (bridged) over at http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133

there I have Joomla in the root directory and coppermine in a sub directory of the root ie /gallery

The database should not be a problem as you use table pre-fixes. Joomla adds jos_ as a prefix in the database while Coppermine adds a differen prefix (depending on your version).

Obviously whenever doing big changes to your site you should always backup both your database and files before you commence work.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.