Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: joomla and coppermine at one.com  (Read 2569 times)

pieternlt

• Coppermine newbie
joomla and coppermine at one.com
« on: December 27, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »

Hi all,

This might seem like a stupid question to some but I'm not good at web building, so here we go:

I have a domain name and webspace at one.com. I have made a little website (introduction, about me etc) and I use coppermine for my pictures.
Now I want zo test joomla to replace my website (but not coppermine). I have a folder \album for coppermine and I'm planning to test joomla in \joomla. I noticed coppermine uses a database (SQL?) but puts all data in the mail database (no subfolder or something). When I test or use joomla, won't it overwrite some field used by coppermine (like users)?

I don't need a link between the two, just want to test them, but I want to be very sure this testing won't damage maar CP database. Searched the forum but I can't find an answer to this question, only that people try to make a bridge between the two. To install both, do I have to make some changes in the database? Will I be able to run both together without damaging my coppermine part?

greetz,

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: joomla and coppermine at one.com
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 11:22:50 pm »

You can install both but put coppermine in a separate directory or a sub directory of your Joomla install.

For instance, I use Joomla and Coppermine together (bridged) over at http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133

there I have Joomla in the root directory and coppermine in a sub directory of the root ie /gallery

The database should not be a problem as you use table pre-fixes. Joomla adds jos_ as a prefix in the database while Coppermine adds a differen prefix (depending on your version).

Obviously whenever doing big changes to your site you should always backup both your database and files before you commence work.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 20 queries.