Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pbm with the FTP UPLOAD tab  (Read 6802 times)

TyL

• Coppermine newbie
Pbm with the FTP UPLOAD tab
« on: June 14, 2004, 12:14:36 am »

When i click on FTP tab with my admin account, there isn't directory list like before :( and i don't know why it doesn't work. Can you help me please ? :(

thank

zoram

• Coppermine novice
Re: Pbm with the FTP UPLOAD tab
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 12:17:19 am »

same think with my galery.
Says :
This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files
but there is no directory list

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:38:57 am »

This is because you have put the pics in the 'userpics' folder.

This is not good, often causes problems, and has been explained many times.  Ftp into folders in the albums folder, BUT NOT in the 'userpics' folder.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

zoram

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 01:03:19 am »

well actually, I haven't uploaded anything anywhere, I just clicked on the ftp link to check if I had the same pb as Tyl, maybe nothing apears because I didn't upload anything by FTP :)
I just found it weird because I'm asked to chose a directory and there is none listed.

TyL

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 01:19:17 am »

exact ! if you add a directory in \albums it work :) but old directory in \albums\userpics doesn't appear !

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 01:25:35 am »

@ Tyl, The userpics was always the wrong place to ftp.  It has now been done so you HAVE to upload to the albums folder.  The userpics folder is now invisible to the batch upload.

@ zoram, you have to create you own folder within the 'albums' folder, chmod them the same, and ftp your pics there.  Then, you will see these folders in the batch add utility.  It is advised you mirror the structure of your categories/albums with these folders, but not essential.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

TheLegend

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 06:49:26 pm »

I sent the pics to a folder in albums, [about 120 pics, 1mb each] and clicked on the add button but those pics on the right don`t show, and it freezes the pc because it tries to do all the "convert" at the same time thus uses the whole resources and I have to restart the server everytime.

What can I do to solve that?

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 12:04:32 am »

Try doing them  in batches, not all at once.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.