Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Undefined Index????  (Read 4428 times)

peakoverload

• Coppermine regular visitor
Undefined Index????
« on: June 13, 2004, 11:01:02 pm »

Well this is really weird!

I've had CPG 1.2 running on my live server for ages without any problems at all.

I have now done a fresh install of CPG 1.3 on my test server and hacked a few files to give me more custom fields. All of this works 100% perfectly on my test server.

I then deleted the install of cpg on my Live server and dropped all the tabels in the database and uploaded all the new files for cpg 1.3 keeping the structure identical and then updated the database with all the new tables. I've chmod'd the relevant albums and Includes folders to 777 so the live server version looks identical to my test server in every way as far as I can see.

However, when I then try to logon to my live server install of cpg I get this error message:

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/photossh/public_html/cpg/include/functions.inc.php on line 101
Fatal error :
There was an error while processing a database query

Ive tried changing:

$PHP_SELF = isset($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL']) ? $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['REDIRECT_URL'] : $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_NAME'];

In init.inc.php to

$PHP_SELF = $HTTP_SERVER_VARS['PHP_SELF'];

but no joy :(

Any ideas what is going on? I'm totally stumped!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 11:06:54 pm by peakoverload »

peakoverload

Re: Undefined Index????
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 11:18:38 pm »

Fixed

Although I have no idea what was wrong!!

Basically I didnt bother to delete the include folder from my 1.2 install just deleted all the files with the exception of the config.inc.php file and then uploaded all the files into the folder. However despite rewritting all the files several times including the config.inc.php file I was still getting this error. I then deleted the folder and reuploaded it and BINGO it worked.

Have no idea why this was the case as the folder was named exactly the same etc.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:50:18 am »

I'm glad you got it fixed, but is there any reason you did not just upgrade as per the docs.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

peakoverload

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 12:24:24 pm »

Yeah my install of 1.2 was a new install (revamping my site) anyway so I figured there was no point in doing an upgrade so just did a fresh install but thought I'd keep the config.inc.php file as my test server database setup is different to my live server (different database name, username, password).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.