Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved] return to main page impossible.  (Read 4618 times)

zoram

• Coppermine novice
[solved] return to main page impossible.
« on: June 13, 2004, 08:23:39 pm »

Hi, in the previous version, the arborescence was shown on top of the pages if I remember well, and the button "albums" returned to the index pages.
Since I updated to the 1.3, the button "album" just reload the current category index, not the galery index, which means if I want to see another category, I have to disconnect and reconnect or use the "back" button.
Is there something I can do to fix that ?

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 14, 2004, 01:04:32 am by Casper »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: return to main page impossible.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 12:32:29 am »

The previous version also did this, so you must have applied a 'fix' before.  Just change the link in theme.php,
Code: [Select]
<!-- BEGIN album_list -->
                        <a href="{ALB_LIST_TGT}" title="{ALB_LIST_TITLE}">{ALB_LIST_LNK}</a> ::
<!-- END album_list -->
to go back to index.php.

This has been discussed many times.  This is the way it is meant to work.  You can add a link back to index.php as well.
Please search the boards.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

zoram

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 12:49:40 am »

well, I'm not sure this is the way "it is meant to be". Before there was a line like index>category>subcategory>current album who made the navigation possible.

Now on my galery, when u are in one album, all you can do is go to the first parent category and then you are stuck in it. all you can do to change category or go back to the start page is retype the adress of the main page, that each time u want to visit another category.

Maybe it is something I don't get in the new version, or it is a pbm with my computer.
You can see by yourself, the adress is http://galerie.doutre.net

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 12:54:13 am »

Ok, there was a misunderstanding here.  I thought you were talking about the 'album list' link, but you meant the breadcrumb.
Logon, in admin mode, config, find 'contents of main page', and add 'breadcrumb' at the start of the list.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

zoram

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 12:59:43 am »

great :)

I looked in the list to appear, but I don t remeber deleting anything, and I thought it was "cat list"' who made the thing appear, resulting in my confusion.

It's fine now.
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.