Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ver 1.5.10 Adding Photo comments - A valid form token could not be found.  (Read 3490 times)

NDboots

• Coppermine newbie

I just went through the two phrase process of upgrading from version 1.2.1 to version 1.4.27 and then to 1.5.10. Directions were great and things went well.  But when I uploaded a series of new photos and started working on adding comments to those photos in the edit section of the Album area, I started having problems.  After putting in a dozen or so comments and submitting I would get an error page with error message of: "A valid form token could not be found." Then all my comments were lost, did not go into my database.  When I redid a few of them, same thing happened again.

There seemed to be some similarity to this and a problem I had with a server side webpage builder I sometimes use on one website.  I think it has to do with cookies and the newer time outs that software does now days.  Earlier I was away from the computer a short while and when I came back, I had to resign into Coppermine.  However, I was able to successfully insert a few comments before the error message happened.  But because of the similar problem that I had with the other server side software, I thought I'd try what worked with that.  So, what I did do is simple, I just logged out using the button logout, then relogged in, and after that I was able to add comments again.

So, I really do think that error message is related to cookies with Coppermine and timing out.  If logout and login doesn't work, then maybe the browser cache should be emptied too. Close the browser, reopen it, and relogin to Coppermine.  As it sure seems to be an issue with timing out and cookies. 

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Ver 1.5.10 Adding Photo comments - A valid form token could not be found.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 09:00:39 am »

Please search the docs and the board for the new form tokens of cpg1.5.x. That's no issue, but a security feature and your question has been answered many times before. You can set the token lifetime in the config to a higher value if you need more time completing forms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.