Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding existing pictures  (Read 3653 times)

brogaard

• Coppermine newbie
Adding existing pictures
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:54:35 am »

I am looking for a way to add a search-function for my clients for the 1000's of pictures, I have already uploaded on my website. Each client has his own folders with their pictures.

Can I somehow bacth-import the exif-data from these pictures into Coppermine and thus using the search-function from Coppermine?

Cheers Steen Brogaard

www.brogaard.com

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Adding existing pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:29:01 am »

Coppermine has a batch-add feature. But I'm not sure if you want to use Coppermine as gallery app in general?

brogaard

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:32:25 am »

I don't now for sure, as I already have a system based on Adobe Lightroom, from where I upload pictures. But I need the search-function and wis thinking of implementing it through Coppermine if that is somehow possible.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 04:09:51 pm »

I don't know Adobe Lightroom. But what you try to accomplish may not be the best solution imo. If you just want to read and store the exif data for searching purposes, Coppermine seems overdressed for me. Instead write a little script that reads that data (or hire a freelancer) and then add a search form to your current solution. Coppermine always creates thumbnails and maybe intermediate-sized pictures (depending on the settings) when you add that pictures to the gallery. So you'll have to modify the code that it won't touch your current files. Additionally you may get problems when you add/change/remove files in your system. How does Coppermine know that something has changed? That's a very error-prone environment imo.

brogaard

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 06:09:31 pm »

Overkill sounds just like me... Thanks for the advice - I wil try that angle, allthough I just got interested in Coppermine....
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.