Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting user-IPs?  (Read 3933 times)

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
Getting user-IPs?
« on: November 28, 2010, 02:46:11 pm »

Hello everyone!

Is there a way to find out what an IP a user has, without him/her having posted a comment? We have serious troubles with a user at our gallery. Deleting his account doesn't help as he can register again, and again. So, what we would need is a way, to see the IP of a member right after he registered, so we can look the IP up, before we approve his registration.

Is there a WAY to find out from what IP the person did register? I looked everywhere but can't find such a feature.

Thanks in advance!

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Getting user-IPs?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 02:59:30 pm »

Did you intentionally marked your topic as solved? If not, it should be possible by adding a new field to the user database and populate it during the installation.

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 03:02:01 pm »

OMG it isn't solved.. that was a mistake.. but I am afraid I can not unmark it, eh?

However, how would I add such a field? Are there any instructions? Otherwise I am afraid I can't add the field myself.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 03:07:30 pm »

I can not unmark it
You can by pressing the 'X' in the initial post. I've done that for you.

However, how would I add such a field?
Use a tool like phpMyAdmin to add the new field to the users table. If you've done that we have to modify a Coppermine file (probably register.php, but I haven't checked that yet).

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 03:17:23 pm »

Oh, ok, I am at phpMyAdmin now.. but I am totally lost. I am at the cpg_users list, but what do I need to do?

Sorry that you've have to help such a PHP-loser here.

PS: Thanks for "unsolving" this topic again!  ;)

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 03:57:12 pm »

Hi, can anyone tell me where I can find out how to do this? I was looking at the phpMyAdmin website, but I don't know what exactly to look around for.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 04:14:06 pm »

Thanks Andre! I was actually looking for "how to add a field...etc".. so, I didn't find a lot.

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 04:41:37 pm »

Use a tool like phpMyAdmin to add the new field to the users table. If you've done that we have to modify a Coppermine file (probably register.php, but I haven't checked that yet).

Hi you!

OK, so I've added the field in the users table. What am I going to do now with the register.php?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 02:27:55 pm »

Open register.php, find
Code: [Select]
    $sql = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} (user_regdate, user_active, user_actkey, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_profile1, user_profile2, user_profile3, user_profile4, user_profile5, user_profile6, user_language) VALUES (NOW(), '$active', '$act_key', '$user_name', '$encpassword', '$email', '$profile1', '$profile2', '$profile3', '$profile4', '$profile5', '$profile6', '$user_language')";and replace with
Code: [Select]
    global $raw_ip;
    $sql = "INSERT INTO {$CONFIG['TABLE_USERS']} (user_regdate, user_active, user_actkey, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_profile1, user_profile2, user_profile3, user_profile4, user_profile5, user_profile6, user_language, ip_address) VALUES (NOW(), '$active', '$act_key', '$user_name', '$encpassword', '$email', '$profile1', '$profile2', '$profile3', '$profile4', '$profile5', '$profile6', '$user_language', '$raw_ip')";

Don't forget to adjust 'ip_address' to the name of your created column.

mrshs

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 09:00:56 pm »

Hi André!

thanks for your answer...

I did what you said, adjusted the columns name, but when I try to register a new test account, and look up the profile/account of the test-user, I see now IP address... also no field for it... :(

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 11:55:46 am »

look up the profile/account of the test-user
Where exactly do you want the IP being displayed? Please post a link for better clarification (even I cannot access it).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.