Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem uploading to gallery created by another admin  (Read 15043 times)

shortmort37

• Coppermine regular visitor
Re: problem uploading to gallery created by another admin
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 01:42:30 am »

Is there anything for me to do here?  Is there an official mechanism for reporting bugs?  I can work around this issue by choosing the simple (non-flash) upload mode and close this case - I just want to make sure the issue is tracked properly.

Thanks
Dan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 11:44:19 am »

First of all we have to determine if it's really a bug or just a configuration/setup issue.

Again,
Please try what happens when you remove Faulkner from the groups
Code: [Select]
            [2] => 105
            [3] => 104

I don't want that you permanently remove Faulkner from these groups, but only for testing purposes.

shortmort37

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 12:38:24 pm »

OK - I'll create another administrative account, so I can remove administrative privileges from Faulkner, and report back.

Dan

shortmort37

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2010, 01:55:44 am »

OK, I removed Faulkner from those groups - now, only has membership in the same groups as "Ron Keij", the creator of the album.  Flash upload still fails (debug attached).  Simple, single file upload works.

shortmort37

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 04:52:43 pm »

Anything more for me to do here?  I'm OK with doing a simple, single file edit.  Shall I close this?

Dan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2010, 05:03:01 pm »

It fails with which message? With the 'you don't have permission' message (which would be an issue), or with the 'big' error message you posted later (which mostly happens when a theme or plugin accidentally injects some characters to the ajax response).

You have enabled private albums. Maybe the album is private you try to upload to? I haven't tested that yet.

Shall I close this?
Fine by me, as it seems to work without any problems in an unbridged gallery. At least it worked in my testbed, so maybe it's just an individual issue for your settings.

shortmort37

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2010, 05:07:58 pm »

You have enabled private albums. Maybe the album is private you try to upload to? I haven't tested that yet.

I only want for myself and my colleague to be able to upload - I don't want for the general public to be able to upload.  But I need to be able to edit his, and he needs to be able to edit mine.  Is there another option that would enable this workflow, without making the album private?

Dan

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2010, 05:09:39 pm »

Please read the docs what the private albums feature does. It has no effect to what you described. My actual question was, if that particular album is set to private or not.

shortmort37

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2010, 12:35:35 am »

I am sorry to be delayed in my response.  I am now returning to this topic.

Please read the docs what the private albums feature does. It has no effect to what you described. My actual question was, if that particular album is set to private or not.

I see that I was confusing a private album (in Config) with personal gallery (in Groups).  I have since unchecked private in config; I want for all albums to be visible.

However, this has not affected the outcome.  I *still* cannot upload a file to an album my fellow GalleryAdmin has created, even though I have no more, or no less, privileges than he has.  That is:  I cannot do it, if I use "flash" (multiple) mode.  I can do it without problem, if I use single file mode.

It seems to this naive user, that if there were some sort of permissions problem, it wouldn't matter which mode I used; it would either fail, or succeed, both ways.  That it fails one way, and succeeds the other, suggests to me there is a bug.

Try it yourself.  Use the cpgtest account - it has the identical privileges as "Ron Keij", the creator of the album.  The album I have been uploading to (unsuccessfully with flash, successfully with single image mode) is "Curt Lambdin".

shortmort37

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2010, 04:58:42 am »

I am sorry to be delayed in my response.  I am now returning to this topic.

I see that I was confusing a private album (in Config) with personal gallery (in Groups).  I have since unchecked private in config; I want for all albums to be visible.

However, this has not affected the outcome.  I *still* cannot upload a file to an album my fellow GalleryAdmin has created, even though I have no more, or no less, privileges than he has.  That is:  I cannot do it, if I use "flash" (multiple) mode.  I can do it without problem, if I use single file mode.

It seems to this naive user, that if there were some sort of permissions problem, it wouldn't matter which mode I used; it would either fail, or succeed, both ways.  That it fails one way, and succeeds the other, suggests to me there is a bug.

Try it yourself.  Use the cpgtest account - it has the identical privileges as "Ron Keij", the creator of the album.  The album I have been uploading to (unsuccessfully with flash, successfully with single image mode) is "Curt Lambdin".

It seems that there is something browser specific about this.  Using IE under Windows, I can upload a file to the "Curt Lambin" album, created by "Ron Keij".  Using either Chrome or Firefox under Ubuntu, I cannot using Flash mode; but I can to an album I've created!

...I feel like I'm flogging a dead horse at this point.  There's a lot about this that doesn't add up for me, but since I have a workaround (single file, non-flash mode) I'm going to abandon this topic and close it.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2010, 09:21:14 am »

I suppose this is a either a bridging issue or somehow related to your Coppermine settings, as I cannot replicate it in my (unbridged) testbed. If someone figures out what exactly doesn't work in that environment he can reply to this thread so we may fix it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.