Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Swedish characters and Keywords in Search  (Read 8327 times)

fjallfoto

• Coppermine newbie
Problem with Swedish characters and Keywords in Search
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:52:59 pm »

I've been uploading a lot of images last couple of weeks and have tested Coppermine and it seems to be what I'm looking for to my site.

http://www.fjallfoto.se/images/index.php

The only problem I've found is related to Keywords starting or ending with a swedish character such as ĺ ä ö.

I use Lightroom and export the images with keywords in place and that works fine. But when I upload the files to Coppermine the swedish characters dissapear if the keywords either starts or end with them. This I resolved by manually checking all keywords after Uploading and filling in any lost characters. Some work but it's quite fast.

The problem now is that in the Search function any images starting with a swedish character can't be found either by typing in that word nor by clicking the keyword directly. However keywords ending with a swedish character now works fine. For instance "Umeĺ" works fine but "Öring" doesn't.

If I use the Keyword manager I can find all "Öring"-images with the "Search for all Öring images in new window". So the Keyword manager can find all the images but the Search function can't.

Hope I made this clear. I would really need to get this sorted out.

(Today I updated to 1.5.10 without any improvement, used 1.5.8 earlier)

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problem with Swedish characters and Keywords in Search
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 01:52:55 pm »

'öring' seems to work as expected: http://www.fjallfoto.se/images/thumbnails.php?album=search&keywords=on&search=%C3%B6ring

But I can confirm your issue with other keywords. Will perform some tests on my local testbed.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »

I cannot replicate that behavior in my testbed. Maybe it's some weird kind of encoding issue that happens when you import the keywords? Can you please upload a test image and assign e.g. the keyword 'öron' manually. It currently returns 0 files and I want to see if it doesn't work in general or if it only happens for imported keywords.

fjallfoto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2010, 03:18:29 pm »

"öring" was a bad example, it's actually a part of the word "Dataförstöring". The images assigned the keyword "Öring" only doesn't pop up as they should, only Keywords with "öring" in the middle of the word.

Here if an example with "Öring":

http://www.fjallfoto.se/images/displayimage.php?pid=312

I tried exporting one image from Lightroom without any keywords, I actually removed them directly in Lightroom, and then uploaded the image in CPG

http://www.fjallfoto.se/images/displayimage.php?pid=1143

"Älg" "Snö" and "Vinter" was the keywords I assigned in CPG, "Snö" and "Vinter" works but not "Älg".

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »

"Snö" and "Vinter" works but not "Älg"
It works in my local testbed. Did you modified some Coppermine code or installed any plugins? Additionally, can you install a fresh version of cpg1.5.10 on the same server and test if it happens there, too?

fjallfoto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 03:54:29 pm »

Ok, that's probably good. If it works for you it shouldn't be impossible to make it work for me.

Since I have no knowledge of PHP I haven't modified anything, and the only additions is a few more themes I have added.

When you import the image on your testbed, does the special characters in the beginning and end of the word dissapear? Or does everything run smooth so you can Upload the image without manually doing thing to the keywords?

I'm uploading a new database now, will get back with results as soon as it's up.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 04:05:33 pm »

When you import the image on your testbed, does the special characters in the beginning and end of the word dissapear?
When I upload http://www.fjallfoto.se/images/displayimage.php?pid=312 to my gallery, it imports no keywords.

fjallfoto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 04:31:43 pm »

When I upload http://www.fjallfoto.se/images/displayimage.php?pid=312 to my gallery, it imports no keywords.

Of course, stupid me.

I've now set up a fully new CPG 1.5.10 and imported 2 images without any keywords, added the Keywords "Snö" "Vinter" and "Älg" manually and I still have the same problem.

http://www.fjallfoto.se/tstgal2/index.php

What else could be the problem?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 04:58:06 pm »

Add
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbcharset'] = 'utf8';to include/config.inc.php of your test gallery. It will probably break your keyword. If that's the case, just re-add them.

fjallfoto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 06:48:20 pm »

Add
Code: [Select]
$CONFIG['dbcharset'] = 'utf8';to include/config.inc.php of your test gallery. It will probably break your keyword. If that's the case, just re-add them.

Ok, I tried this in one of my test-gallerys and it seems to work. But the problem with ĹÄÖ as first or last character still persists, they dissapear during import so they have to be added manually afterwards.

Is this possible to fix or is it something I have to live with?

The most important thing is that all words are searchable.

For re-adding the keywords, is the most simple way to delete all files and import them again? I can't find a function for reading the Keywords from the images again.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 04:28:06 pm »

But the problem with ĹÄÖ as first or last character still persists, they dissapear during import so they have to be added manually afterwards.

Please apply the fix of svn revision 8131 and try again.

fjallfoto

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2010, 07:45:12 pm »

Please apply the fix of svn revision 8131 and try again.

I applied this in one of my test-gallery but it seems to be the same result as previously.

However I can live with this problem, I riffle through all the keywords anyways after I've imported the images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.