Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Accidentally deleted config file during install  (Read 6911 times)

Acen8s

• Coppermine newbie
Accidentally deleted config file during install
« on: December 07, 2010, 10:21:34 pm »

I have made a huge error <a href="http://www.pro-dezign.com/pretty_girls/index.php"> in my album</a>. (Warning: it is full of nude girl photos.) After upgrading to the newest version of cpg1.5 and updated the database I checked the version and 90% of the doc and include files showed "modified or corrupt". I reinstalled several times but got the same results. On the last attempt to install, without thinking it through, I deleted the include file from my root directory. Now Coppermine wants me to go through the 10 install steps, which I did, but the database already exists and I get an error message. Is there any way to recover my old config file or work around this?

Thanks

Nibbler

Re: Accidentally deleted config file during install
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 11:54:40 pm »

Either restore the file from a backup or recreate it using config.inc.php.sample as a reference:

Code: [Select]
<?php

// Coppermine configuration file

// MySQL configuration

$CONFIG['dbserver'] =                         'localhost';        // Your databaseserver

$CONFIG['dbuser'] =                         'root';        // Your mysql username

$CONFIG['dbpass'] =                         '';                // Your mysql password

$CONFIG['dbname'] =                         'coppermine';        // Your mysql database name

// MySQL TABLE NAMES PREFIX

$CONFIG['TABLE_PREFIX'] =                'cpg15x_';

?>

Acen8s

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Accidentally deleted config file during install
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 12:36:25 am »

Thanks for the excellent advice. I did as you suggested and it worked great. Now, if someone would explain how to resolve a thread I would be forever grateful.

Jeff Bailey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Fishing relaxes me.
    • Bailey Family Co.
Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it. - Henry Ford
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.